The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Who: cantankerous firebrand presenter & journalist Vincent Browne
Where: outside my front gate
When: 15 minutes ago
Wearing: powder blue blazer with jeans
Demeanour: jovial.

Vinny was strolling along my road as I was cutting the hedge. Iā€™m glad to say that rumours of Vincentā€™s demise are exaggerated. The man looked like he hadnā€™t a care in the world and was smiling. He wished me a good evening doing my hedge and I thanked him. He then went down the road to the seafront where Iā€™d like to think he went into Teddyā€™s of scrumdiddlys for an ice cream.

4 Likes

Did you mean to say, ā€œhe wished me a good evening for doing my hedgeā€. This would make some sort of sense, though youā€™d be entitled to ask him why heā€™s wishing you a good evening for doing your hedge when itā€™s already a good evening and youā€™re already doing your hedge.
Did he remark that itā€™s a good evening for cutting a hedge? If so why would you not just agree with him.
In either instance thanking him sounds more than a little obsequious.
Perhaps it would have been enough to say good evening to him in return, or you could have glibly remarked that cutting a hedge is a waste of a good evening.
Heā€™ll be like the cat that got the cream, tounging away at his ice cream, thinking about how someone thanked him for no good reason.

1 Like

Spot. Well done

1 Like

@thedancingbaby, whatā€™s your stance on drunk driver character witness Mick Galway, outside a rugby game?

I wouldnā€™t bother mate

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a couple of spots to log.

I spotted Irelandā€™s premier investigative journalist Mick Clifford recently at Clonturk Park, Drumcondra. Mick is the manager of the Drumcondra FC under 10s and he also doubled up as linesman at the venue in the shadows of the famous Tolka Park. He did his reputation as a man of the utmost integrity no harm at all when he gave the Cambridge Boys under 10s a debatable throw in when it looked like a Drums ball.

I also spotted newsreader Keelin Shanley recently strolling along the grand canal heading towards Portobello bridge. She looked very pale and wore big Jackie Onassis style glasses, I surmised that Keelin was nursing a hangover and drinks a lot of wine based on that fleeting encounter.

6 Likes

Good.

@TreatyStones, I spotted one of Irelandā€™s most respected journalists and regular TV show panelist, Niamh Horan, on Thursday morning in the Grand Canal Dock area.

She was wearing flip flops, black jeans (that length above the ankle style), a dark coloured shirt and sunglasses.

She was making her way down that street between the Marker Hotel and the Facebook building and emerged by the Admiral William Brown statue.

I surmised that she was headed for Sindo HQ on Talbot Street but I passed her out before we reached the Samuel Beckett Bridge.

Goodness gracious you really have a lot to say dont you.

3 Likes

Sure itā€™s only banter. Youā€™ve plenty to say yourself on occasion

Try hard wanker.

As bad as being a try hard wanker newbie would be, a rebrand of a weirdo already posting here is ten times worse.

Youā€™ve probably had a shandy more than you can handle. Iā€™ve put you on your ass already. Slinking back when you think you can hide behind @HBV wonā€™t help you save face.
You need to hang on to someone elseā€™s apron strings before you say anything. That says it all
Tell us another rebrand theory of yours, letā€™s see if youā€™re anything other than a wee brat.

1 Like

:clap::clap:

Go ahead, quit bitching

You should put yourself up on the busted flushes thread. What an embarrassment

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nothing? Then go and sleep it off

That was disappointing, I thought we were about to erupt into full scale chemical warfare then, but it turns out the participants only had pop guns.

A bit too mild, colonial boy?

Ooh, Iā€™m being assaulted with a wet lettuce now.