The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Is he singing at the game in Cark today ??

Does the nephew not run these errands for you?

No I had an operation

Not always. I try to be as independent as possible.

1 Like

A minor spot, but a spot.

Another one, spot.

Not a spot, for Christ’s sake.

An EPL footballer until only recently isn’t a spot but fucking Ian Dempsey is?!

3 Likes

He plays for Cork City. That’s like saying Tossy is a spot in the field of athletics for doing his 5k park run.

That the “Goggy Delaney” used play for Laois about 20 years ago??. Doubtful I’d imagine.

Goggy is a gas man, not a patch on his auld fella, but gas nonetheless. He tells a story of being in a pub one Saturday night in the mid 00’s and being asked in the smoking area by a fella, was he traveling to Croker the following day to see Laois play some Leinster championship game or other. Gog said no, he wouldn’t be bothering his hole, to which the fella launched into a rant about him being a fairweather supporter, and not a hardcore fan like himself. He then went onto ask Gog where was he when Laois won Leinster in 03, to which Gog replied, I was corner fucking forward you dozy cunt, and strolled off.

10 Likes

A cracking yarn there.

4 Likes

Wonderful, it’s like Goggy himself was regaling us and he pissed off his head.

Top quality.
Like something you’d hear on Up for the Match (except you’ll never see a Laois version of it).
Des would be guffawing away.

2 Likes

No Des would have had a look of horror on his face after he said “he wouldn’t be bothering his hole” he would have quickly interrupted the story before turning to Wooly or some other noted Laois dignitary and asked some inane question like “and Colm you played football for Laois for a while didn’t you?”

4 Likes

:rollseyes:[quote=“backinatracksuit, post:5800, topic:22114, full:true”]
Wonderful, it’s like Goggy himself was regaling us and he pissed off his head.
[/quote]

:rollseyes:

Live spot of former Workers Party TD Pat Rabbitte on Wicklow Street, Dublin 2. Dressed in a grey suit and carrying a leather satchel bag under one arm, suggesting that Pat in engaging in some freelance work to top up his hefty ministerial pension

Second Captains googly eyed presenter Ken Earley sitting outside Brahms’s cafe in Marino at 2pm today. Ken looked to be really enjoying a long drag on a freshly lit cigarette. His eyes get even more googly when he is smoking a cigarette.

Ivana Bacik in the National Gallery at lunch today. Absolutely hideous looking, a face on her like a pencil-parer.

Then right away afterwords Mick Wallace and Claire Daly on Molesworth Street walking to the Dail. Mick’s put on weight. Daly looking the best I’d ever seen her, like a girl you might shag if you’d too much to drink.

1 Like

Almost as if you were there. :clap:t3:

Poty material.