The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

@Bandage. Ban this fucker right now.

7 Likes

It has been clearly established that politicians in the vicinity of Leinster House are not spots.

2 Likes

What if it was Donald Trump having a pint on his own in The Dawson Lounge?

1 Like

Sorry @Tank, no mark politicians are not spots and politicians on the way into the Dáil their “place of work” are also not spots.

That would be sensational because he doesn’t drink.

2 Likes

How presumptuous of you. It may have been milk or water.

I was walking on the path beside the cycle lane at Sir John Rogerson’s Quay yesterday morning at around 9.05am when I heard a cyclist approaching from behind. As he cycled past me, he uttered “whaaaaaaaattttttt?” in a kind of whiny Cork accent that really elongated the word. It was TV chat show host and Sunday Independent journalist Brendan O’Connor.

I noted he had earphones in and appeared to be conducting a phone conversation. He was cycling a Dublin Bike and was wearing black sunglasses, a navy overcoat (non bulky, smart looking) and jeans. He proceeded across the Samuel Beckett Bridge on his bike and I lost sight of it.

I thought to myself that he was probably on his way to Indo HQ on Talbot Street to get cracking on putting together this weekend’s edition of Life Magazine.

2 Likes

Not a spot. And I’d appreciate if you’d put an executive summary at the top of your long winded posts about non-spots on this thread which would save me valuable adjudication time.

6 Likes

Once many years ago I saw Brendan O’Connor and a woman who I assume to be his wife in Dundrum Shopping Centre. I was not a member of TFK at the time.

I was going down the escalator towards the exit and he and his wife were going up the escalator. His wife was rather shorter and fatter than I was expecting. She did not look like the Irish models that he sleazes over at his work. She looked like she was yapping or complaining about something. She was wearing red. He was ahead of her on the escalator and had a very fed-up look on his face, like he was desperate for her to stop talking. She couldn’t see his face.

I assumed that he only married her because she was related to the editorial team of the Independent at the time.

After they passed on the escalator I thought to myself “I could have just clocked him right on the face as he passed and I would have gotten away with it.” However the moment had passed.

I died a little inside reading that.

6 Likes

Ah if push came to shove you’d give her an old shot all the same

Jaysus mate, you’re in a bad place with the women, a very bad place :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m in a relationship now so wouldn’t but I’ll call a spade a spade. Plenty more in here would ride her too, and have rode way worse too

2 Likes

Noted.

1 Like

Congratulations mate, does your missus know you’re thinking of Clare Daly while you’re hammering away, perhaps she’d agree to making her your ‘no strings’.

I’ve no idea why you’d congratulate someone for that, but no, I don’t picture Clare Daly, or any sitting TD, while I’m “hammering away”

Hopefully that’s your curiosity on my bedroom activity satisfied

A former TD? Countess Markiewicz, Mary Harney??

I don’t know all the former TDs. Don’t want to make a blanket statement on the matter

1 Like

The country is fucked

large

Twould want to be a fair push.

1 Like