The All England Lawn Tennis Club Championships 2018

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/stats/aces

Out of the top 20 ace record holders on this list, only one of them has ever won and appeared in a French Open final - Federer*.

*Never beaten Nadal at the French Open.

Out of the top 20, you have 4 different Wimbledon champions - Federer, Sampras, Krajicek and Ivanisevic. You have a further 5 Wimbledon finalists - Roddick, Philipoussis, Raonic, Cilic and Berdych.

And these clowns are saying there is no correlation between having a big serve and success on grass courts?

Absolutely hilarious.

Ivo Karlovic made one solitary quarter final in 13 appearances at the Championship. That’s not excelling in grass. That’s journeyman status.

It is excelling on grass. Of all the surfaces he has appeared on, grass is the one he has done best on.

Why can’t you accept these facts?

The tournaments karlovic has won on grass is Nottingham. Which is an ITF event.

Why because he has won Nottingham a couple of times?

Isner has gone further in the french than at Wimbledon. So using your logic a big serve is a huge advantage on clay

Because Karlovic is a big serving, one dimensional giraffe and his game happens to be best suited to grass. I think this is kind of what you have been denying all morning.

Karlovic has won 4 hardcourt tournaments, 3 on grass and 1 on clay. I know you’re mathematically challenged but 4 is one more than 3. Karlovic in his journeyman career was most successful on hardcourts

I think you’re mentally challenged if you think the grass court season is anywhere near as long as the hard and clay court seasons. It last 6 weeks in the year, the clay court comes in at around 13/14 and the hard court in excess of 25 weeks. It’s quite obvious that grass is the surface he excels on, of all the slams he has entered, grass represents his career best.

You’re denying the holocaust again.

mods, merge this with the Tennis minor ATP tournaments thread please

Ah here we go with holocaust denial shit. You have been exposed for the fraud you are.

Fucking karlovic. You are a joke

Stop spamming. This is the biggest tournament in tennis. It has its own dedicated thread every year.

Run along now. Maybe brush up on the rules of rugby union.

For the giraffes. To be honest they really should move the grass court slam to Longleat Safari Park rather than Wimbledon.

1 Like

So funny. Maybe they should move the french muck open to the ploughing championships.

Why?

1 Like

for giraffes with big serves

I’m a member of a lawn tennis club, not one member I have ever spoken to rates grass tennis higher than clay or hard court

I kindly ask you to stay off all tennis threads

1 Like

Sure they havent

I have no reason to lie

1 Like

sure you don’t

Strange that. I’m also a member of a lawn tennis club. The members out my way would not concur with that viewpoint. Maybe you and your fellow disaffected members should plough up the grass and play on dirt instead.

Must be a strange club. Most clubs I know are looking forward to Wimbledon.