The Cheer Up Thread

Not feeling my usual cheery self at all today, lads. I don’t know the exact reasoning (possibly fatigue and tiredness) behind it but I’m quite down. :frowning:

Is this a Christmas thing with you pal? I remember you were down in the dumps this time last year too.

I had good reason to be down last year, pal. I don’t think it’s usually a Christmas thing as I have very much enjoyed the festive season in the past.

Not to worry bud, Roma look the better team here. I’m fairly sure your mood will pick up over the next 45 odd minutes.

It’s probably only a passing mood swing then. I was in a foul mood earlier. Rushing around town trying to get all the last of the presents sorted out, people getting on my fucking nerves today. I was fuming when I got home.

Then I found out Bayan had won and I’m sitting on the couch now having a few beers watching the darts, life is good again.

I’m sure you’ll be grand tomorrow.

Go on the C4 player and watch Bayan’s performance today, I didn’t even light the fire this evening it brought that much warmth into the room

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1060103, member: 1074”]It’s probably only a passing mood swing then. I was in a foul mood earlier. Rushing around town trying to get all the last of the presents sorted out, people getting on my fucking nerves today. I was fuming when I got home.

Then I found out Bayan had won and I’m sitting on the couch now having a few beers watching the darts, life is good again.

I’m sure you’ll be grand tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, nothing untoward - just feeling inexplicably gloomy today.

21.35 Monday 22nd RTE 1 - watch unbreakable - the mark pollock story

Go and have a few pints for yourself, that will kick the blues down the road for a while…

Signing in. Happens me a bit now, might just be one day a week but its a cunt.

Yeah, I used to have a fair amount of “black dog” periods. Could last a day, a couple of weeks or anything in between. Would be able to function fine, but wouldn’t be much minded to do anything more than the bare minimum to get through the day. Don’t really get it much anymore thankfully, would generally be drink related now if I do.

Pretty much it, was meant to travel back this morning but was too apathetic to do so, I would have had 7 pints last night but was fine and sober all night and had no signs of a hangover when I woke up this morning. I will aim to travel back tomorrow.

It’s not normal to be happy the whole time bud. Contentment is something to aim for. Feeling a bit melancholic on occasion is human.

Life is full of highs and lows pal, neither lasts that long unless your very unlucky or a Niall Horan type.

Was feeling great earlier but feeling horrible now. I’d love some curry chips*.

*more than one chip in a box/punnet

I had 5 (I think) and was in a state this morning. I shall be in a worse state tomo. Hope that helps.

Nothing to get too worried about Bomber. You are in the top 5 posters on here pal, just remember how meaningful that is

The four who are ahead of him are all duplicate accounts of Fingal Raven/north county corncrake/The All Seeing Eye/FingalRaven/North County Corncrake/Whatever he was before The Selfish Giant/The Selfish Giant.

I hope he realises how fond of him we all are

G[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1060096, member: 2533”]Not feeling my usual cheery self at all today, lads. I don’t know the exact reasoning (possibly fatigue and tiredness) behind it but I’m quite down. :([/QUOTE]
I’m coming to the end of season two, pal, and Jimmy is in big trouble. Nucky is gonna escape from the noose and agent Van Alden is demented.