The Chelsea supporters thread

At what point will the penny drop in tanland football circles that fwank is a very bad manager I wonder.

He’s close to getting it right

Boehly tells Chelsea squad this season is ‘embarrassing’

Interim manager Lampard has ‘no problem’ with dressing-room visit

Frank Lampard: ‘it’s their prerogative to have the input they want’

FRANK LAMPARD: ‘IT’S THEIR PREROGATIVE TO HAVE THE INPUT THEY WANT’

Todd Boehly attempted to rouse Chelsea’s players before tonight’s tie against Real Madrid by delivering a speech in the dressingroom after the defeat by Brighton on Saturday, during which the American described the club’s season as “embarrassing”.

The co-owner was joined by his fellow board members, Behdad Eghbali and Hansjörg Wyss, when he addressed the squad after Chelsea fell to their third consecutive defeat.

Boehly, who had been barracked by supporters during the Brighton game, waited for interim manager Frank Lampard to finish talking to the players before stepping up to makeclear that the hierarchy expected far better after spending close to £600 million (€680m) on signings since buying the club last summer.

Insider

About an hour passed before Boehly, Eghbali and Wyss were seen exiting the dressing-room and although it is not unusual for owners to speak to players, one insider said that “the whole thing was weird”.

It is understood that one senior player, signed for a large fee in the past 12 months, was singled out for heavy criticism. That player, whose identity is not being disclosed, is believed to be disillusioned with the situation and cut a disgruntled figure in training before Chelsea attempt to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the first leg against Madrid.

Although Boehly made clear his displeasure with the team’s form, Boehly’s broader intention was to motivate the players before the biggest game of the season. He said the Madrid match represented a chance for Chelsea, who are 11th in the Premier League and at risk of not qualifying for Europe, to salvage the campaign.

Kepa Arrizabalaga insisted there was nothing unusual about Boehly’s speech. “Todd comes to the changing room in every game,” Chelsea’s goalkeeper said. “He had different chats with us after different games. I am not going to say what he said. It is normal when he came.”

Lampard insisted he had no problem with board members going into the dressingroom. “There may have been some criticism of our old owner for not coming to games, not being around, and that wasn’t always true to be fair,” he said. “But when an owner is invested in their interest in the team and wants to help and improve, it’s their prerogative to have the input they want. I remember the moments as a player of owners first coming into the dressingroom.

“It first happened at Chelsea. I remember being really happy that they were there. You could touch them, you could high five them and listen to them and feel them. That’s not a bad thing in terms of the identity of the club and where you want to get to. There is no problem with it. I had my things to say after the game. If the owner comes in and wants to be positive and speak to the players, then I think it is his part to do that.”

Supporters were pictured remonstrating with Boehly during the Brighton match. “With regard to the ownership and fans, passion goes both ways,” Lampard said. “The fans show passion and I don’t think the owners or anybody who comes to Chelsea and expect anything else. We have been fortunate enough that the club has been successful over the last 20 years or so. That means you want more of it.

“The word passion is coming from both sides. These are passionate owners who want to bring a real vision to the club and we are probably the early stage of the process in those terms.”

Arrizabalaga backed Chelsea to pull off an incredible comeback. “It is not a good season for us,” he said. “What we have to do is believe until the end. This stadium, remontadas [comebacks] can happen. It happened before. We have to deliver. We need a big performance – not of our lives maybe, but a big performance.”

– Guardian

Frank is in no position to argue

I’d say Sterling is the senior player in Ho was singled out.

Difficult to go from such a family oriented club to a cold sterile one such as Chelsea you’d imagine.

There’s something likeable about Todd Boehly.

Could they relegated ?

Sterling isnt trying a yard.

It’s Thomas tuchel who kept them up

None of them are. PEA has had 7 touches. 4 of them have been kick offs

1 Like

Sure he’s won the lot. Oh wait he went to City didn’t he?

2 Likes

This Boehly chap is some genius. Stuck with Mudryk who can’t get a game and Enzo who can only pass backwards and sideways for 8 years.

2 Likes

They need to bring back Graham Potter and double his salary.

PEA hooked at HT.

I fairly called enzo as a fraud

1 Like

Lampard quoted pre-game about how he left Joao Felix out as he’s decided they need a team structure going forward where they’re playing with a recognised centre forward rather than those false nine types like Felix & Havertz. Half time substitution: Havertz for PEA.

2 Likes

Chelsea need to spend another €500m to fix all the problems the last €500m caused

Good chance they lose all the rest of their games (City, Newastle, Red Devils all likely to beat them) but even if they did they still look safe on 39. If they lose to Forest it gets interesting though