The Chelsea supporters thread

You are reporting more inaccuracies now.

I think the forum would appreciate if you were honest with the forum for once rather than trying to justify killing unborn babies.

Stall on mate, I haven’t seen them yet but reports are that two penalties were wrongly denied to The Seagulls? Did either deserve to be awarded?

Nope. The first one should actually have been flagged for offside, the second one was a theatrical fall and not a penalty. The only penalty that should been awarded was when Hazard was clipped right on the line of the box.

Chelsea are not in the hunt in the league. They’re 15 points behind the leaders with 14 games left. Effectively an extra point as well with vastly inferior goal difference.

I can see City dropping a lot of points in the next 6/7 games.

Looks like Dzeko and Emerson arriving from Roma in a €50-55m deal.

Should be good signings, I’d imagine Batshuayi will be shipped out. Dzeko will be ineligible for Europe.

dzecko must in his 40’s now

Dzeko is 32 in March.

He’s the type of player who will have a bit of longevity though. I’d imagine Chelsea will get another 3 years out of him. He’s extremely powerful and is a predator in the box but a bit like Morata he seems to blow hot and cold a lot. 8 in his first season at Roma, then 39 the following season, he started this season off on fire with 10 goals in his first 10 games but only has 2 in his last 16 at present.

Good signing though as Bathuayi clearly is not the answer, hopefully Chelsea can send him off to some outfit where he’ll bang them in and will restore his value a bit as he’s just not good enough.

When you consider Llorente cost Spurs about £14m, getting Dzeko for £22m is a great bit of business by Chelsea.

What are Roma at?

It’s nothing new.

The Americans have time and time again sold off the crown jewels. Most of these lads are shoved out the door too, Lamela and Marquinhos didn’t want to leave, Benatia had a promise for a contract renewal reneged on. Pjanic, Rudiger, Salah - it’s nothing new. Nainggolan will probably be the cash cow next season.

They tried to push Manolas out the door for €40m this summer but he turned Zenit down and we had to move Rudiger on instead. A shame as Rudiger is a far better defender than Manolas who has been been really poor over the last 18 months.

The idea seems to be to sign a player, sell him off for a profit and replace the player with the profit. It’s a revolving door.

I’d imagine the Americans will get it very tight from the Ultras now and don’t see them having the stomach for them when the Ultras turn.

2 Likes

Chelsea had the third highest net spend in the August 2017 transfer window coming in at just under £90 million. I’d say even with the money they bagged this January for the Costa transfer, they’ll have one of the highest net spends again.

1 Like

Spurs had a pair of £30m wingers warming the bench for them in their last game. Odd that you were moaning about Chelsea being able to have a £30m striker in reserve just this morning.

Fantastic post

Spurs had a net spend of -£2.65 million in the August 2017 transfer window, 16th in the league. Unlike an elite super franchise like Chelsea bankrolled by money stripped out of the Russian state, Spurs have to concern themselves with pesky issues like balancing the books.

3 Likes

Chelsea balance the books mate. They announced a record turnover in 2017, primarily backed by player sales.

Chelsea are a Unionist club mate

you should the knackers that support them on mathdays, real little england hooligan types, that hate Irish people and all foreigners, they have very strong ties historically with the likes of rangers and linfield

1 Like

You’re anti-logic. I can see Man City winning most of their next 6/7 games.

They all are

1 Like