The Chelsea supporters thread

Liverpool and Arsenalā€™s incompetence should clinch it for them.

I wouldnā€™t take any chances if I was the chairman, Conte out

Yes, he needs to open his cheque book. The two Manchester clubs have had a net spend of around Ā£300m + each since Conte took over compared to the Ā£40m net spend Chelsea have had under him.

One of those clubs is in a worse state than Chelsea, the other is playing a different game altogether. Conte wonā€™t last the season, may not even last the Christmas period.

Huh?

Why wonā€™t he last the season?

Odd that youā€™re voicing Conte out but very quiet on your own teamā€™s manager when Spurs are in a bit of a crisis at present.

Not odd

Very odd.

And you havenā€™t addressed the question. Why arenā€™t you calling for Spurs (your team, who are struggling) to sack their manager?

Because heā€™s the best man for the job mate, Iā€™ve never heard anybody ever suggest his position was in jeopardy, itā€™d be very odd with the champions league in mind.
But this isnā€™t about spurs mate,

Heā€™s the best man for the Spurs job despite the fact heā€™s in his fourth season now, hasnā€™t won any form of silverware and Spurs seem to be regressing, if anything.

A very bizarre and anti-logical look at matters.

Spurs wonā€™t win many trophies mate, we wonā€™t lose sleep over that.
The current manager is the best weā€™ve ever had Iā€™d say, itā€™s be really really bizarre to consider sacking him when heā€™s just topped a very tough group in the champions league and led the team to that competition over the past couple of seasons.
Why does it always come back to spurs mate? Itā€™s not a fair comparison.

Itā€™s must be very easy to be the best manager youā€™ve ever had when getting beaten to league titles by Leicester City is the criteria for such.

Iā€™ll let you wrestle with the facts but I think itā€™s quite obvious to point out that youā€™re coming across as a bit of a fool.

OK mate,
Are you genuinely suggesting that Spurs should sack their manager?

The manager of Chelsea will always be held to higher standards, any suggestion otherwise is clear holocaust denial.

No mate.

Iā€™m just pointing out how itā€™s odd you suggested Chelsea should sack their manager but have not suggested Spurs should when logic and facts point to Spurs having much more reason to do so.

I donā€™t agree with that at all, and I know that you realise it as well

I know you donā€™t agree with it. Iā€™m merely pointing out that the argument youā€™ve put forward contradicts facts and logic and I wanted you to know how much of a fool youā€™re coming across as.

Remind me why mate? Is it because Iā€™m suggesting that Conte may not see the season out and Pochettino definitely will?

No itā€™s because you are suggesting Chelsea need to sack their manager and Spurs donā€™t when logic and facts would suggest their is much more need for Spurs to sack their manager. Iā€™ve already covered that so Iā€™m perplexed as to why you would broach it again.

2 up early doors against Stoke.

Rudiger has been a great buy.

Pedro makes it 3.

7 points off our pace last season. Weā€™ve had a nice run in the past 6 weeks or so but the points dropped at West Ham and Everton are disappointing. Weā€™ll know have some tricky fixtures coming up and I think reinforcements will be vital in January.

We have no real viable alternative to Alonso yet and weā€™ll flog him to death at this rate. An alternative to Morata that Conte trusts is also important. Added to that I think Iā€™d like another midfielder as Fabregas canā€™t play in a midfield two which means weā€™re very limited there. Bakayoko has looked better in recent weeks and itā€™s good to have Drinkwater available now.