The Chelsea supporters thread

Its a bit sad that Stoke decided to play their second team today

Is it?

Yes makes a bit of a mockery of the league

Sure Chelsea hammered their first XI 4-0 at Fortress Britannia earlier on this season.

Yes, and Chelsea would probably hammer their first team again. Its just a bit sad when teams down the bottom are resorting to playing their second teams against the bigger teams

Managers got to prioritise. I remember Big Mick did it a few years back.

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Cicero_Dandi

Conte, like all Italians, is a cheating cunt.

1 Like

Itā€™s their culture, innit?

1 Like

Romans, say no more.

1 Like

Mourinho has senile dementia.

1 Like

Why is Conte a cheating cunt

Thatā€™s racist.

1 Like

Iā€™ve deleted the racist post now.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oLkKfHnDQQ

I wouldnā€™t have rated him that highly but Conte is very good at getting the best out of players so hoping he can iron out the limitations of his game. He should add goals from midfield however but itā€™s difficult to see if he can play with Fabregas in the same midfield.

Welcome Gnarls.

If he can get anywhere near as much out of him & improve his play like Moses then this is a great signing.
I like you too would have serious enough reservations about Barkleyā€™s ability & mentality.
Time will tell.

If Conte can sort out how one paced and unfit he is then he could be a player. Chelsea have been very reliant on Hazard and Morata for goals this season, only Alonso has really chipped in from the middle 5. Barkley is a goalscoring midfielder but I think his problem is teams carry him and unless he improves in that regard I canā€™t see him being trusted by Conte.

Weā€™ll need a LWB to cover for Alonso as weā€™re screwed without him. I donā€™t really think we need to go out and shell a fortune for Alex Sandro as Alonso has proven himself as a starter but at the same time we need to go get someone who can come in and do a job a bit like Zappacosta on the right.

The signings thus far has done ok. Morata last night aside has been good - again cover is an issue. Conte doesnā€™t trust Batshuayi and I think it should be one in, one out in that regard. Carroll is hardly the most exciting of target but he offers something different and Conte likes a big target man - Llorente at Juve and Pelle with Italy are proof of that.

Rudiger has been brilliant and our defence has been very solid after a jittery start to the season.

Zappacosta hasnā€™t set the world alight but his form is beginning to build and his cameo against Arsenal was very good. Moses is out of form and Zappacosta deserves a run now.

Bakayoko is struggling to settle, some good games and some very poor ones. Drinkwater has looked good since returning from injury so I think he also deserves a run in the side ahead of Bakayoko.

Pedro has had a really underpar season and Iā€™d say heā€™ll struggle to make the team unless his performances improve significantly.

Are Italians a race of their own?

First time for everything.

4 Likes