The Cork GAA 2009 Thread

Not sure if there was already a general thread on Cork 09 but anyway…

Bishopstown beat Cloyne last night by 4 points, Ronan Conway and Tomas Murray are supposed to have played well for B’town, the pebble, the rock and Pa Cronin largely poor I understand. East Cork derby between Cloyne and Carrigtwohill coming up soon, should be a cracker. Na Piarsigh beat Blarney easy enough, Aisake got 1-1 from play. Also I understand young O’Driscoll had a great game for Sars, so hopefully himself, Conway and Aisake will be given a chance by Denis Walsh soon enough.

Elsewhere, I think the Cork hurlers are playing Dublin today? Any info? Has the championship squad been announced?

there are already way too many threads about those cunts in cork & their rural sports

Admins close this thread immediately & ban the original poster:mad:

Aggghhhhh :):guns::smiley:

this is the most sickening thread in this forums history:mad::):D:guns:

Think you should qualify that statement by saying ‘it is the most sickening thread in this forums history that wasn’t started by artfoley’

true

this is the most sickening thread in this forums history that wasn’t started by mongfoley’

[quote=“Turenne”]Not sure if there was already a general thread on Cork 09 but anyway…

Bishopstown beat Cloyne last night by 4 points, Ronan Conway and Tomas Murray are supposed to have played well for B’town, the pebble, the rock and Pa Cronin largely poor I understand. East Cork derby between Cloyne and Carrigtwohill coming up soon, should be a cracker. Na Piarsigh beat Blarney easy enough, Aisake got 1-1 from play. Also I understand young O’Driscoll had a great game for Sars, so hopefully himself, Conway and Aisake will be given a chance by Denis Walsh soon enough.

Elsewhere, I think the Cork hurlers are playing Dublin today? Any info? Has the championship squad been announced?[/quote]

Aisake wouldn’t have made Corks developement team. Terrible thread.

Your basing this on what? Have you ever actually seen him play hurling?

Evidently he played very well today in the challenge match, which we won by 15 or so points and has been playing well for his club.

Also, its nice to see so many on this forum rattled. :slight_smile:

What do you fancy of Cork’s chances against Tipp come the first week of June, turenne?

Have to also congratulate and thank the Cork Under-21s, fantastic team. Even without Sheehan, you can see a fair few with a chance to push on to senior - the O’Driscolls, Galvin, Colm O’Neill, Aidan Walsh (hopefully in hurling), Collins (future Cork center forward imo), and Goold. Half the squad will be there next year as well.

Depends how Tipp play. If they repeat their performance against Kilkenny we have no chance, but thats unlikely. With a few new faces in and the pressure off, I’d be happy with and expect a respectful performance and something like a 2-3 point defeat. The year is a bit of a write-off.

really insightful :slight_smile:

The year is a bit of a write-off.[/QUOTE]

So why start a thread to follow it??

[quote=“Lazarus”]

So why start a thread to follow it??[/quote]

There is more to Cork GAA then the hurlers. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, there will be plenty of talk about the footballers, intermediates, minors, clubs etc.

There is more then Cork GAA then the hurlers.

:eek: Someone should really tell them that

does cork gaa not revolve around what donal og , gardiner and sean og say`

For the year head, thought i’d do a little prediction for all our teams, Turrene, Dan etc don’t hesitate to comment on my hopes and expectations.

Hurling

Senior - The qualifier route with a 1/4 final defeat to maybe Galway or someone. Expect them to look at a number of younger players this year, Walsh doesn’t seem afraid of it. Going to be tough but i’d see it as a vital year. Have to loose Donal Og, Sully etc
Intermediate - The Munster championship should be taken with the pick of 2 All-Ireland winning teams back now. May win the lot if the likes of Aidan Walsh and U-21’s play for them.
U-21 - Very strong team, but Tipp are extrememly good this year. KK will be handy as ever, but if they break the Tipp duct they’ll win All-Ireland.
Minor - Obviously very hard to judge, but again Tipp are favourites going on Harty results. Will probably get to All-Ireland semi final at least.

Football
Senior - We’ll come dam close but i don’t know if we’re quite ready. Semi or Final defeat to Kerry, only team that will beat us this year i feel.
Junior - Could be the strongest team ever. Two of our lads have been involved and the panel is unbelieveable for this level with so many of the new young county players coming from Junior and Intermediate clubs. If they beat Kerry (who are very strong this year as well) they could win an All-Ireland.
U-21 - All-Ireland Champions. Hope they keep as many of theses guys together as possible.
Minor - Again hard to know. Saw a few Corn i Mhurni games and brought a couple of our lads to trials this year and there are handy players around, but the selectors are a shower of wasters and i expect them to make a balls of it. Nepitism and club loyalty should see to that.

FFS Lads, someone from Cork starts a Cork thread and its WW3, if you don’t like it, then fuck off to threads you do like.

Fair play to you Turrene.

Is that Aisake playing hurling or football? Whatever, delighted to see him back instead of wasting his time with Carlton.

We’ve all heard Cork saying they haven’t a hope too many times to actually believe it, but it would be very very difficult against Tipp this year. They’ll be pissed they didn’t do KK over and have Eoin Kelly to come back.

[quote=“Fitzy”]FFS Lads, someone from Cork starts a Cork thread and its WW3, if you don’t like it, then fuck off to threads you do like.
[/quote]

Don’t tell us what to do :clap:

[quote=“Fitzy”]FFS Lads, someone from Cork starts a Cork thread and its WW3, if you don’t like it, then fuck off to threads you do like.

Fair play to you Turrene.

Is that Aisake playing hurling or football? Whatever, delighted to see him back instead of wasting his time with Carlton.
We’ve all heard Cork saying they haven’t a hope too many times to actually believe it, but it would be very very difficult against Tipp this year. They’ll be pissed they didn’t do KK over and have Eoin Kelly to come back.[/QUOTE]

He’s actually playing both. He has played a couple of AvB games with the footballers but has had a couple of encouraging games in the hurling league and championship for Na Piarsaigh so he’s expected to be named in the hurling squad.
I would expect he will choose hurling.