The Cork GAA 2009 Thread

Can’t see ye beating tipp in either of these to be honest Kev, they are looking very strong at both…If ye lose to tipp in the minor ye are out of it, no back door…

Forgot about that Puke, ya your right, if they don’t beat Tipp then they are gone. You never know, but Tipp are really strong i’d say. I would have seen alot of U-16 2 years ago and the standard is Cork is very high, the highest i’ve seen, but of course that doesn’t mean the county team will be very good.

We have a very talented bunch at U-21, they have beaten Tipp twice in Minor in last 4 years, only Tipp or someone else came back to beat them in close games. It depends on preperation really and the management. If they treat it like the football i’d be very hopeful. They really scoured the county and were not afraid to use 18-19 year olds, if the hurlers do that we’ll be close. There seemed to be a tradition in Cork for using the Minor team of 3 years previously as the template for U-21, when so many factors can make that a foolish mistake.

Last year they didn’t prepare and didn’t respect Clare.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]there are already way too many threads about those cunts in cork & their rural sports

Admins close this thread immediately & ban the original poster:mad:[/QUOTE]

Go off and ride an admin for yourself there if ya can find one get it out of your system,every second post out of this knobjockey contains some call or other like “admins ban this racist” or “admins close the thread”,admins me bolix do they even exist around here??

post of the year! :wink:

:wink:

Jog right on.

Awesome stuff there from the Link.:wink: Wouldn’t fukc with him

Maybe you wouldn’t

Maybe you would

[quote=“Fitzy”]FFS Lads, someone from Cork starts a Cork thread and its WW3, if you don’t like it, then fuck off to threads you do like.

Fair play to you Turrene.

Is that Aisake playing hurling or football? Whatever, delighted to see him back instead of wasting his time with Carlton.

We’ve all heard Cork saying they haven’t a hope too many times to actually believe it, but it would be very very difficult against Tipp this year. They’ll be pissed they didn’t do KK over and have Eoin Kelly to come back.[/QUOTE]

Aisake is playing both codes I think, little chance of starting football but he looks favourite for full forward in the hurling. Which will at least give the fans something to cheer about.

Can any of the Tipp lads tell me who will be full come championship? No Brian Murphy to mark Eoin Kelly this year either.

[quote=“Turenne”]Aisake is playing both codes I think, little chance of starting football but he looks favourite for full forward in the hurling. Which will at least give the fans something to cheer about.

Can any of the Tipp lads tell me who will be full come championship? No Brian Murphy to mark Eoin Kelly this year either.[/QUOTE]

Curran or Fanning.

Ah should of said full forward. :smiley:

Presume Full forward will be either Webster or Corbett…

Mullach Ide where is Darragh Hickey these days, has he emigrated or just not in the picture, always thought he had the ability to be a very good intercounty forward

The team that beat Dublin 3-22 to 0-14…

Coleman

C. Murphy Cadogan C. O’Sullivan

Hartnett McGann Gardiner

J. O’Connor Callinan

B. O’Connor N. McCarthy T. McCarthy

Horgan Aisake T. Og Murphy

Fraggie and Fintan O’Leary also played, Aisake won a penalty. Shite team really, Dublin must have been putrid.

[quote=“The Puke”]Presume Full forward will be either Webster or Corbett…Mullach Ide where is Darragh Hickey these days, has he emigrated or just not in the picture, always thought he had the ability to be a very good intercounty forward[/QUOTE]He left the panel last year when he wasn’t given a jersey for the Munster Final. Sulked more or less, has the ability and gave a few promising performances under Babs regime. He has the speed and well able to take a score, unfortunately there are plenty of that type of hurler in Tipp.We just don’t have half forwards capable of winning the ball in the air. :smiley:

We will swap ye Declan O Rourke for him if you can arrange it :smiley:

Hardly blame him. Was he a sub? Thats 1970’s shite in fairness.

As far as I can recall, you were allowed to have 30 on an Intercounty Panel, but only 25 togged and named in the programme. The other 5 then helped out with water bottles, hurleys etc. I wouldn’t have much sympathy with him myself.

Ok, but ye can keep O’Rourke.

Outstanding, Flango and NCC are seething :smiley: