The Cristiano Ronaldo is a Fraud Thread

Excellent choice.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Will you stop digging, ffs have a look at his scoring stats for the past decade or more and stop embarrassing yourself.

You clearly aren’t able to read very well so I’ll try to make this clear for you.

• WHEN CRISTIANO RONALDO WAS AN EXCITING YOUNG WINGER AT MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, HE DIDN’T SCORE MANY GOALS.

• HE SACRIFICED HIS ALL ROUND GAME SUCH AS HIS DRIBBLING AND CROSSING WHEN HE STARTED TO SCORE MORE GOALS IN HIS LATTER SEASONS AT MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB AND AT REAL MADRID.

• MESSI IS ABLE TO BE THE BEST DRIBBLER, BEST CREATOR AND ONE OF THE BEST SCORERS ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Typing in capital letters is the sure sign of an imbecile.

Yes, you’re absolutely right, he should definitely have scored more goals in 2002-2006 instead of that useless cunt van Nistelrooy. Do you understand the concept of a player’s role in a team? His role in 2002-06 was a winger and a creator for one of the best finishers in PL history.

He started to score more goals because he got into goal scoring positions more often, out of necessity while playing with far inferior strikers like Rooney and in latter years Benzema. The point you are missing is it doesn’t matter how good you are at dribbling, crossing, etc., winning is what matters and his record since 2013, whether its Champions Leagues, International tournaments or Ballon d’Or awards is ahead of Messi.

Debate that instead of how great a dribbler Messi is.

Ronaldo has had better players at Real Madrid than Messi has had at Barcelona since 2013. Messi has to do more for Barcelona. If he stood on the shoulder of the last man for 90 minutes Barcelona wouldn’t win many games. Bar the last one they won, Ronaldo has generally been a periphery figure in Champions League Finals for Real Madrid. He had great teammates around him who won those games with very little help from him

On international tournaments, Messi has got to three finals, Ronaldo has got to one. Portugal won without Ronaldo. I rate players on what I see, I don’t rate them based on games they didn’t play any meaningful part in.

Ballon d’Or’s are just given to the best player on the team that wins the Champions League bar in 2013 when Ronaldo was given the award because he scored a hat trick against Sweden a few days before the voting took place.

Having this argument is a sure sign ye are both imbeciles

1 Like

This is hilarious by the way. I typed in capital letters because you were too thick to understand the words I was typing in lower case letters

Two great players but neither fit to lace Maradonna’s boots

2 Likes

The standard of football was terrible back in those days

It wasn’t , the man was kicked incessantly by his fellow PROS , his career was nearly ended by the butcher of Bilbao , he drove an average Napoli team to win 2 scudettos against the greatest club team I ever saw , he inspired an average Argentina to win the 1986 WC and an even worse team to the 1990 final & bar being caught for a bit of Charlie in 1994 who knows . Week in and week out he did it against Italian team .

DAM = :goat:

7 Likes

The standard was terrible mate. It was like a completely different game

Who has Ronaldo had in terms of attacking threat that are better than Suarez, Iniesta and Neymar, who Messi has had for most of that period?

Benzema? Are you having a laugh?

1 Like

Nonsense, it was a far more physical game, although tactically different. In terms of skill, Maradona was at least Messi’s equal and survived in an era Messi would not survive in.

You could argue that Suarez could/should have had one recently also but he’s not exactly a poster boy for the game so he would never get it … Anyone holding Ballon D’ors up as a measuring stick is a beaten docket.

You’re worse for engaging.

It’s just a PR thing, means nothing. Best player in the world right now is Bobby Firmino.

2 Likes

FOTF Kevin Kilbane says he’s the best centre forward in the EPL, which means he’s the best in the world

1 Like

QED

You’re correct about it being different but I think it makes Maradona’s achievement all the better. What Maradona did with Napoli is far greater than anything Messi or Ronaldo have done at club level. Barce and Madrid are filled with the best players in the world.

Careca was the only other world class player I can remember on that Napoli team yet they were able to beat an AC Milan team with Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard to the domestic league. AC Milan won the Euopean Cup that same year. Messi and Ronaldo’s achievements at international level don’t compare with Maradona either. Diego is the GOAT.