The Cristiano Ronaldo is a Fraud Thread

Zidane won one La Liga title and one Champions League title while playing with a team of stars. He was average for most of the World Cup in 98 and got himself a ridiculous red card when he was needed most as captain in 2006. Nedved was a better player at Juventus. A very overrated player was Zidane

1 Like

Man of the Match, really?

France win World Cup in 98. Zidane scores 2 in the final.

France win Euro 2000. Zidane player of the tournament.

2002 eliminated from group stages. Zidane injured for first two matches.

2006, drags a limited French team to the final. Gets player of the tournament.

Poor for most of the tournament

Had forgotten about Euro 2000 in fairness, I’ll give you that

If that France team was apparently limited I don’t know what you’d call a good team. Got sent off in the final

At club level he underachieved on brilliant teams, one excellent goal in a CL Final aside

How much have you seen of Ronaldo since January, not just Champions league? He is in spectacular form, way ahead of Messi. The next few months will show who’s best.

I’m nearly sure Messi has more goals and far more assists this season… But you love narrowing the time frame to suit your stupid argument.

I’ve seen plenty of him. He’s a poacher, a player like that will never be better than Messi. Scoring 4 goals against Girona doesn’t change that

@anon7035031 's football knowledge seems to start and end at reading who scored at the weekend

1 Like

The sort of chap who judges a player by their fantasy football scores

I didn’t mention this season, where did you imagine you read that? I said since January, which is the important part of the season when the CL knockout phase begins.

Let’s see how it unfolds and who is looking stupid at the end of the season.

They both play in La Liga, so both sets of stats are based on playing fodder most weeks. The only comparison stats that realistically can be used to evaluate them are CL and international, in that order.

How about Messi scoring the winner to decide the title against Atletico a few weeks ago? How about Messi being the best player on the park in the last two El Classico’s in La Liga while Ronaldo was anonymous? Do they not count?

If you’re going to start picking individual games, we could be here a long time.
My original point stands, and no amount of deflection changes that. Over their careers to date, Ronaldo has the better record.

Players are judged on seasons… Not on a few games so wankers on the internet can cherry pick their stupid arguments. Ronaldo did very little in play over two games versus PSG besides moan and bitch… Messi was all over the park v Chelsea.

What were the scorelines again between Real Madrid/PSG and Barca/Chelsea? I swear I remember Ronaldo scoring a few goals, but could be wrong. Barca were actually quite lucky not to be knocked out by Chelsea, who squandered numerous chances to win.

Messi is all over the pitch in every game he plays, means fuck all really unless you win.

Being all over the park is the new trait of greatness. English footballers must dominate the top 10 in history then.

Fucksake.

How many times do you want me to regurgitate his stats? Have you had a mild stroke recently? You must be very bored of you didn’t have some sort of recent brain injury.

You haven’t regurgitated anything of significance yet, unless you’ve been puking your Cork ring up all day.

Controlling a game has always been a really important part of it, and Ronnie can’t do it

Controlling a game is worth jack shit unless you win. It’s fascinating how Ronaldo’s winning record is the one stat yourself and the other clown want to avoid.