The Cristiano Ronaldo is a Fraud Thread

Its safe to say United have got the best out of all four of them in fairness.

41 goals isn’t useful :eek:

Who are you trying to kid?

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]A play off win to get out of the third tier of english soccer?
Surely not.[/quote]

Yeah when United won the Champions League in 99 in Normal time, City were in a Divison 2 playoff scrap that very same season. :rolleyes:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]41 goals isn’t useful :eek:

Who are you trying to kid?[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:, 2 seasons ago, old news.

To be fair the age of Ronaldo was the only thing bothering me. He wasnt nearly 30 like the other 3 were. If Diego Forlan can be the top scorer in La Liga twice then Ronaldo is going to run riot over some of them defences.

Man Utd’d top scorer last year.

I hear you have this lad Rooney. He can do a Matt Elliot or Paul Warhurst and play up front if needs be.

United have supplied the top scorer of the Primera Liga for 3 of the past 5 seasons. They are a seriously good feeder club.

Jesus Farmer you’re on fire today.

I’d say you’d have creamed yourself twice by now if you didn’t have the permafloppy.

Except the Barcelona defence, he failed to do that over 3 matches in the last 2 seasons.

He will have better players around him now though.

Fair play to Ferguson all the same for turning a show pony into World Player of the Year.
When you compare his goal scoring stats for Utd - 118 goals in 292 appearances to Rooneys - 97 in 234, they are remarkably similar.
Considering Rooney hasn’t been indulged in any way like Ronaldo, I’m quite confident that Rooney will happily take the goal soring burden on his shoulders.

[quote=“KIB man”]Would you consider yourself quasi British? With your support of the British Lions and statements that you feel more Glaswegian than Irish I’d say you comfortably fit in that category.

What Man City’s cup record like?[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t really enforce any point you’re attempting to make, if you just make things up. :smiley:

I’ll call this the ‘Ashley Young was magnificent yet again syndrome’ from now on.

Where To Start?

“It’s not the time to talk about other clubs at the moment. I’m happy here and I’m going to stay” - Cristiano Ronaldo, December 8, 2008.

“I don’t care what people are saying. I have not read it. I am here in Japan and I know nothing about what is going on around me. But I am very happy playing for Manchester United” - Cristiano Ronaldo, December 19, 2008.

“People were speaking about me this summer but that was normal because of what I did during the season. What people are saying now is not true. Who says that is a liar because I am happy at the club, I want to stay here. I feel at home here. I feel very happy here. When I arrived at the stadium, to play against Villarreal, I felt a little bit of pressure. But the fans were very good and this is why I feel the Manchester United supporters are amazing. I love the fans because they have been brilliant with me, not just this season but every season. Like I said before, I feel at home in Manchester” - Cristiano Ronaldo, January 1.

“Everything that revolves around Cristiano Ronaldo is a bit of speculation. Everything that I do generates a certain interest from the press and public. But 90 per cent of what is said and written about me stems from speculation. The only thing that is true is that I am happy at Manchester United. This is my home. Because I am winning things, because of friends, because of fans, I have always felt very loved. I feel at home here, it is a very lovely stage in my career, as much because of the coach, who has always supported me, as because of the players. I feel part of the furniture at United. I don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow, but I feel very happy here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, January 20.

“I feel very happy where I am now. I feel very happy in Manchester. Manchester are challenging for titles and I have to appreciate that. Maybe the other clubs don’t have an opportunity like us. As for the future, only God knows. I prefer to speak about the present and the present is brilliant. Manchester play well and I feel very happy here and I want to stay here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, February 27.

“I just don’t care what the whole world seems to want to say about me or speculate about my future. I’ve said it a thousand times and, by now, people should realise…I’m totally happy at United. I’m in the form of my life and I’m having the season of my career so far. So it makes me mad sometimes to read some of the things which are supposed to be related to my future. I get angry but I’m trying to accept it’s a waste of energy to be furious because it is not worth it” - Cristiano Ronaldo, April 16.

“It is a great feeling and I love to play here. I am very happy here. I want to win more trophies here. At the moment I think I am at the right club. And I want to win trophies next season as well. It is not luck that there are three English teams in the semi final of the Champions League. In my opinion it is because the Premier League is the toughest league and the most competitive league with the best players” - Cristiano Ronaldo, April 18.

“I have to answer this a thousand times. I am happy here and I want to stay here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, May 25.

“Now, as I have said many times, only God knows the future. I have never hid from anyone that I would like to play in Spain one day. It’s a dream, but sometimes dreams don’t happen. I can guarantee that I am happy at Manchester United and that I would love to continue” - Cristiano Ronaldo, May 27.

‘At Cristiano’s request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player’s representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player’ - A Manchester United club statement, June 11.

Contagious

“Do you think I’d enter into a contract with that mob? No chance. I would not sell them a virus. That is a no. There is no agreement whatsoever between the clubs. If we worry about what Real Madrid have to say then we are not concentrating on our own publicity and the difficult games we have got coming up. We just have to ignore it. Sometimes it can be an angry situation and sometimes I get really annoyed with them. But we know their game. I think we should play ours and ignore them” - Sir Alex Ferguson, December 19, 2008.

Know Your Bosses…

"Kaka is one of the top three players in the world and if he’s worth 100million, so are Lionel Messi and Ronaldo. You could argue Ronaldo is worth 120million because he is the World and European Player of the Year. But there is no chance the owners would want to sell him even if City came calling with 120million this summer. I am absolutely sure of it.

“They want him here even more than me. They are strong about that” - Alex Ferguson, January 18.

Know Your Player

“We are in a strong position with Ronaldo. We did our hard work in the summer to settle him down and we did well. He’s fully settled here” - Alex Ferguson, January 18.

[quote=“Watch The Break”]Where To Start?

“It’s not the time to talk about other clubs at the moment. I’m happy here and I’m going to stay” - Cristiano Ronaldo, December 8, 2008.

“I don’t care what people are saying. I have not read it. I am here in Japan and I know nothing about what is going on around me. But I am very happy playing for Manchester United” - Cristiano Ronaldo, December 19, 2008.

“People were speaking about me this summer but that was normal because of what I did during the season. What people are saying now is not true. Who says that is a liar because I am happy at the club, I want to stay here. I feel at home here. I feel very happy here. When I arrived at the stadium, to play against Villarreal, I felt a little bit of pressure. But the fans were very good and this is why I feel the Manchester United supporters are amazing. I love the fans because they have been brilliant with me, not just this season but every season. Like I said before, I feel at home in Manchester” - Cristiano Ronaldo, January 1.

“Everything that revolves around Cristiano Ronaldo is a bit of speculation. Everything that I do generates a certain interest from the press and public. But 90 per cent of what is said and written about me stems from speculation. The only thing that is true is that I am happy at Manchester United. This is my home. Because I am winning things, because of friends, because of fans, I have always felt very loved. I feel at home here, it is a very lovely stage in my career, as much because of the coach, who has always supported me, as because of the players. I feel part of the furniture at United. I don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow, but I feel very happy here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, January 20.

“I feel very happy where I am now. I feel very happy in Manchester. Manchester are challenging for titles and I have to appreciate that. Maybe the other clubs don’t have an opportunity like us. As for the future, only God knows. I prefer to speak about the present and the present is brilliant. Manchester play well and I feel very happy here and I want to stay here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, February 27.

“I just don’t care what the whole world seems to want to say about me or speculate about my future. I’ve said it a thousand times and, by now, people should realise…I’m totally happy at United. I’m in the form of my life and I’m having the season of my career so far. So it makes me mad sometimes to read some of the things which are supposed to be related to my future. I get angry but I’m trying to accept it’s a waste of energy to be furious because it is not worth it” - Cristiano Ronaldo, April 16.

“It is a great feeling and I love to play here. I am very happy here. I want to win more trophies here. At the moment I think I am at the right club. And I want to win trophies next season as well. It is not luck that there are three English teams in the semi final of the Champions League. In my opinion it is because the Premier League is the toughest league and the most competitive league with the best players” - Cristiano Ronaldo, April 18.

“I have to answer this a thousand times. I am happy here and I want to stay here” - Cristiano Ronaldo, May 25.

“Now, as I have said many times, only God knows the future. I have never hid from anyone that I would like to play in Spain one day. It’s a dream, but sometimes dreams don’t happen. I can guarantee that I am happy at Manchester United and that I would love to continue” - Cristiano Ronaldo, May 27.

‘At Cristiano’s request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player’s representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player’ - A Manchester United club statement, June 11.

Contagious

“Do you think I’d enter into a contract with that mob? No chance. I would not sell them a virus. That is a no. There is no agreement whatsoever between the clubs. If we worry about what Real Madrid have to say then we are not concentrating on our own publicity and the difficult games we have got coming up. We just have to ignore it. Sometimes it can be an angry situation and sometimes I get really annoyed with them. But we know their game. I think we should play ours and ignore them” - Sir Alex Ferguson, December 19, 2008.

Know Your Bosses…

"Kaka is one of the top three players in the world and if he’s worth 100million, so are Lionel Messi and Ronaldo. You could argue Ronaldo is worth 120million because he is the World and European Player of the Year. But there is no chance the owners would want to sell him even if City came calling with 120million this summer. I am absolutely sure of it.

“They want him here even more than me. They are strong about that” - Alex Ferguson, January 18.

Know Your Player

“We are in a strong position with Ronaldo. We did our hard work in the summer to settle him down and we did well. He’s fully settled here” - Alex Ferguson, January 18.[/QUOTE]

Thinly veiled ’ I want to join Madrid, wait till the summer lad and you can go.’

Is it worth adding that Ronaldo is meant to have fucked Hilton in the last week?

So Ferguson did sell Real a virus. :thumbsup:

:smiley:

[quote=“Bandage”]It doesn’t really enforce any point you’re attempting to make, if you just make things up. :smiley:

I’ll call this the ‘Ashley Young was magnificent yet again syndrome’ from now on.[/QUOTE]

That was a really pathetic response.

Your being exposed regularly now. Its embarrasing to watch.

[quote=“KIB man”]That was a really pathetic response.

Your being exposed regularly now. Its embarrasing to watch.[/QUOTE]

You’re like the typcial 3 or 4 year old kid who shouts, ‘I win’, no matter what’s going on in the game.

Now - away with you, fiend. :smiley:

:rolleyes:[quote=“Bandage”]You’re like the typcial 3 or 4 year old kid who shouts, ‘I win’, no matter what’s going on in the game.

Now - away with you, fiend. :)[/QUOTE]

Badly rattled altogether - let it all out Spandex :rolleyes: