The Danny Healy Rae Thread

I’ve had a couple dozen minor electric shocks in my car in the last 15 months in heavy rain showers and going through big puddles. You get used to them.

1 Like

:smile: What a fucking car!

@Julio_Geordio and @TreatyStones voted this gee bag in — for shame.

Not sure if serious…

Sometimes when you’re driving in puddles or when it’s raining, you can see tiny lightning bolts spark on the bonnet of the car.

Does Danny sell diesel and petrol, by any chance…?

Affirmative

1 Like

Have you ever passed through Kilgarven?
They own the local shop, pub, solicitors office and filling station… sewn up

Great men.

I’ve never been south of Limerick…

There’s a giant cardboard cut out of Jackie wishing you safe travels as you exit the village too. Nice touch.

1 Like

KIlgarvan has given an awful lot to the world.

The River Roughty is a national treasure .

3 Likes

‘Astonishing’ rise in Kerry drink-driving
ANNE LUCEY
The increase in the number of drink-driving offences detected in Kerry over the last three years has “astonished” the Garda Síochána, senior officers have told local politicians.

Official statistics show that 300 people were arrested in the county for drink-driving last year, up by a quarter on 2016 – and the number is expected to rise significantly further this year.

Superintendent Dan Keane said more offenders were being found in all age-groups up to 60 years.

“Kerry appears to be rising, year on year,” he told Kerry County Council’s joint policing committee.

Sinn Féin councillor Patrick Daly warned that the growth in the numbers of one-off housing over the last two decades was causing issues, since people now cannot get home by public transport.

Many of the people living in those houses in country districts are now in their early 20s: “Huge development has taken place on the outskirts of towns,” the Sinn Féin councillor said.

The taxi regulator has been asked by the Garda to investigate repeated claims that Kerry taxi-drivers are refusing to drive people out from towns, blaming bad roads, and unpaid fares.

Under the Taxi Regulation Act 2013, taxis cannot refuse fares under 30kms long: “People living in rural areas are totally dependent on the taxi service,” said Cllr Brendan Cronin.

However, Garda Inspector Tony Sugrue told the committee meeting in Killorglin that most drivers arrested were stopped inside town boundaries, not in country areas.

The Traffic Corps in Kerry arrested an “astonishing” 70 drivers aged between 21 and 30 years last year.

A pint of beer would only settle a fella for a drive home.

What’s worse is you have fellas with gluten sensitivity eating big rolls and sitting behind the wheel with a big dirty brain fog.

7 Likes

You’ve lads with young kids only getting an hour or twos sleep a night and driving to work. They’re worse than a lad who’s had a few pints

6 Likes

And Mac brings us back to the merits of abortion. Ffs sake mac

:grin:

How’s that abortion thread going? I’m too afraid to click into it.