The Defence Forces thread

[font=arial]nemo iudex in causa sua my friend[/font]

Welcome aboard @Mark Renton

This is surreal .

What will the other KK army lads make of it? I suppose it’ll be no surprise to them at the same time.

I wonder . I feel this will gather legs and a certain man in a cap won’t be best pleased . I think he is very silly for doing this .

It’s a bigger conversation than GAA, whether it does him any favours is another thing.

Exactly . Un Kilkenny like

Henry won’t be crazy about it either you’d imagine

No then .

All you need to know about the Defence Forces in that running the Gravy Train that is the GPA was tougher than running part of the Irish Army.

My line of work regularly brings me into contact with people who (at least claim) to been soldiers in various parts of the world. Recently lads who’ve come from Syria, Georgia and Eastern Ukraine have been common.

Thankfully though, we have a lad in the office who is also in the army reserve and his experience filling sandbags, going for runs and getting free hiking boots has allowed him to, at a glance I might add, dismiss most of these lads as being frauds. “No way he’s ever fought in a real war” is often directed at a massive Georgian chap with scars on his face and a thousand-yard stare in his eyes. If that’s how good the reserves are, can you imagine how class our army is?

2 Likes

The Irish army are the most skilled 45 players in the world I’ll have you know. Hours and hours of practice in the Curragh

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe that this happened in Laois on Wednesday and you’re only bringing it to our attention now.

1 Like

And there was Colin Fennelly saying these lads do nothing.

There is no psychiatrist currently operating in the Irish defence forces. The sole one that was there retired and has yet to be replaced.

Mental (pardon the pun).

I can’t be on here all the time ffs

Shifting a few sandbags must be very traumatic.