The Diaspora

Alright Brian, how is your weekend going mate?

Pretty good pal. Was drinking vodka red bull last night though so the depression train is coming for me as soon as I sober up. Gonna stay in and watch Three Men and a Little Lady tonight to aid my recovery.

Any craic With you bro?

Not much bro… The girlfriend is playing the x factor card after sitting through football last night and rugby this morning. Fair is fair I suppose but I am pushing for a late showing at the movies, Ryan Goslings new movie Drive has got some great reviews…Either way she will be watching the Jets and the Pats tomorrow!

Daniel Florence O’Leary (c. 1802-1854) was a military general and aide-de-camp under Simón Bolívar. He was born in Cork, Ireland; his father was Jeremiah O’Leary, a butter merchant. Unlike many of the Irish who fought for Bolívar in his many campaigns to win South American independence, O’Leary had not served in the Napoleonic Wars.

In 1827 he married Soledad Soublette, daughter of General Carlos Soublette, with whom he had nine children.

After Bolívar’s death, O’Leary disobeyed orders to burn the general’s personal documents. He spent much of the rest of his life organizing them, along with writing his own very extensive memoirs (spanning thirty-four volumes) of his time fighting in the wars of revolution with Bolívar. He died in Bogotá, Colombia. He is buried in the National Pantheon of Venezuela.

Where are you based Puke?

He’s in Birmingham.

Off the top of my head the TFK members i can think of who are currently based abroad are the Puke, Fists, some bland poster from Tip, tipptopps, Kev, KIB Man, Fisty, Brian, Balbec and myself. Apologies if i’ve left someone out as i probably have…

Are ye going to set up yer own group? Obviously Dunph will be leader.

If there is an appetite for it, then yes.

All our best and brighest are abroad, except fisty of course…

Have ye got Kerrygold in France, Dunph? Do you want me to send you out a few copies of the Limerick Leader (county edition)?

I’ve not seen any Kerrygold over here, but that’s not to say it’s not there somewhere. I don’t read that rag even when i’m at home, i get the Sporting Press delivered here weekly mate and that’s all i need in a paper…

Signing in as a member of the Diaspora.

Where are you based, Declan?

Thought you were a big Martin Kiely fan?

:popcorn:

I don’t believe i’ve ever stated anything to that effect, you’re trying to stir up a bit of trouble now…

Was Martin as handy at the handball as he makes out? He still keeps himself fairly fit these days. Does he sleep at all?

Based in Birmingham since July Dunph.

Isn’t either braz or piles in Luxembourg?

I will be signing in here in the next week. :frowning:

You emigrating TREs?