The Eagles ‘Hotel California 2022’ tour at Lansdowne Rd 24th June 2022

Well I’m a-runnin’ down the road try’n to loosen my load
I’ve got seven women on my mind
Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me
One says she’s a friend of mine

One of the great openings to a song

3 Likes

6 Likes

I can hear the soundcheck now. They must be kicking off very early.

they all go to bed at 10pm now

7.30pm. Tis like a teenage disco

A very different clientele to Wednesday when Harry Styles was in town.

Born in ‘84.

Superb show tonight. For a group of lads all entering their 75th year, they are truly remarkable. The harmonies, Henley’s voice, Joe’s riffs & his general madness, Tim being reliable Tim. Vince Gill is a very versatile & highly talented addition. Deacon Frey sang well and got the crowd going.

5 Likes

Are you going out out out now or will you take it easy?

3 Likes

I’m already gone. Taking it to the limit.

1 Like

The Dude was generally right but how can you not like the Eagles?

1 Like

I was there that night…tremendous.

They’re all multi millionaires. They dont need the money. I think a lot of it stems from the band (Henley particularly) finding out if they could continue on in Glenn Frey’s absence.

Brilliant stuff last night.

Oh!

Henley is a truffle hound for cash, Glenn Frey was too

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoyable fare last night. Vince Gill Is a brilliant musician.

Myself and the auld fella ended up having pints with a father and son, where the father was/is a singer of ballads. A superb singer. Ended up having a heap of pints and a brilliant sing song with them and lads from Donegal in Mary Macs.

Nearly lost the auld fella during the week. He was coming home from the races in Ballinrobe and Some cunt fell asleep and came across the road and hit his car. Car was a write off. Thankfully he wasn’t.

Tiny margins. We enjoyed our night no end.

13 Likes

Got a couple free pints last night as card payments were not working in the main bar.

Absolutely. First band to charge $100 a ticket. Fired Don Felder in 2001 when he stood up to them over not getting paid the same as Henley & Frey.

Another brilliant night watching America’s favourite band in Newark, NJ. Which is a bit of a shit hole.
Nonetheless, what a show from Don, Joe, Tim & Vince. Words fail me at how superb these guys are.

2 Likes

Jealousy on another level. My favourite band

1 Like