The English Premier League 2016/17™

Shawcross with the assist, lovely

I fear for us against city next though

No worries. We will batter them.

3 Likes

Great prediction, pal.

Bob Bradley: sacked.

Swansea are a laughing stock.

Yet more proof of the unreliability of interviewing.

Swansea had lost 4 of their last 5 league games conceding 15 goals in the process. Any EPL manager who presides over a run like that is a likely candidate for the sack regardless of length of tenure or past services rendered.

And I stand by it.

I called this one a while back.

1 Like

It’s crazy carry on. Swansea are a Mickey Mouse club who think they are big shots all of a sudden. They’ve gone from being one of the best run clubs to being one of the worst.

I hope they get relegated.

3 Likes

Nothing could surprise you in this league when it comes to the managerial merrygoround. Chelsea have probably been the most successful English club both domestically and in Europe since Abramovich and the Russian state started financing them just over twelve years ago. Not including caretaker managers like Steve Holland and Ray Wilkins, Chelsea are currently on their 12th manager in those 12 years, having fired 10, I believe. If the most successful franchise is firing managers at that rate, there can’t be much security of tenure anywhere - other than at Woolwich.

1 Like

On the ball, the Italian lad should never have been disposed of so quickly really.

I don’t recall the circumstances of Monks sacking, I recall being very impressed with his portrait in Michael Calvins book on football management.

1 Like

What were the circumstances of the Laudrup departure? Didn’t they win a League Cup under him and finish in the top half of the table. Did he lose the dressing room?

Liverpool have scored 85 league goals in 2016- the most since 1985. Klopp is unreal.

1 Like

Liverpool didn’t score on the 16th March 1985.

1 Like

I wouldn’t remember, mate, I was only in short pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNCitGYaHM

Laudrup is pure arrogant by all accounts. Has no rapport with players as he considers them inferior. Yes he had lost the dressing room

Gallant Garry Monk will go on to have an excellent career in football management.

2 Likes