The English Premier League 2016/17™

Arsenal’s problem is they don’t have enough lightweight fancy dan midfielders.

Someone tell the rugger lads they can start now :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Agree x 100. A bunch of softcocks.

Hull and Liverpool.

1 Like

Poor old Wenger probably for the chop now. That touch line ban & 2 losses while sat in the stands will surely be too much for the Arsenal board.

Is there a top quality replacement available who can change the teams fortunes though? Looking at the starting 11 today, I would say that bar 3 or 4 players the rest could be shown the door.
The decline in creative spark & attempts at defensive quile is shocking. For Steve Bould to be assistant manager & watching a team defend like that is criminal.

I see Arsenal losing the first leg of their Champions League tie against Bayern Munich 3-0.

Then regaining some pride by winning the second leg 2-0, although they won’t avoid elimination.

They’ll then finish the league season strongly and claim a Champions League place for next season, and probably win the FA Cup.

During the summer they’ll sign a couple of lightweight midfield schemers.

They’ll lose the first game of next season at home to Southampton, and then go on a very good run that has them either top or within a couple of points of the lead by Christmas.

People will say “there’s something different about Arsenal this season”.

January 2018 will see an away loss to Stoke, a battling come from behind away draw at Burnley followed by a home defeat to bottom of the table Bournemouth.

Then 4th placed Chelsea will finish their title challenge off in mid-February by defeating them 3-0.

They’ll lose the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie 2-0 at home to Barcelona before regaining some pride with a battling 2-1 win in the second leg, although it won’t be quite enough to avoid elimination.

They’ll then finish the league season strongly, claiming a Champions League place for the following season, and probably win the FA Cup.

Then during the summer they’ll sign a couple of lightweight midfi…

1 Like

The board hardly care? They all make serious return on investment, the status quo suits them just fine. I doubt the likes of Alisher Uzmanov grew up dreaming of Arsenal winning trophies, or doesn’t sleep nights when they don’t.

1 Like

The stage is well past now where balancing the books is key. The business model can really only grow further with a successful side.

Profit>trophies. Moderate success will do the board nicely.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-more-cash-bank-barcelona-8968436

Bums on seats and Season ticket sales matter.

Season tickets are paid for already. They don’t care if there is an bum in the actual seat

Thanks for the update. I’m out for the day but in any case rarely watch Chelsea play, so the updates are appreciated. For consistency purposes, if you’re sending me personalised post match messages after Chelsea games could you do it after every game. You didn’t send me one after the Chelsea defeat at White Hart Lane or the draw at Anfield during the week. Other than that I’ve got one from you after every game since you started supporting Chelsea.

Bournemouth are falling away at a rate of knots lately?

Wengers a boards dream. Doesn’t spend money, doesn’t say a word about the board and gets them into the champions league

2 Likes

The Arsenal Board are Wenger’s dream. They don’t put big pressure on him, they are happy to achieve mediocrity and make him one of the highest paid managers in world football.

Very real possibility with current form that Champions League qualification is hanging in the balance.

Everyone’s a winner. Except arsenal obviously

The fans are utter mugs.

The Arse always pull it out at the end when they’re out of the running for the big stuff

Never knew the little Polish chap Grosicki played with Hull. He’s looked like a decent player when I’ve seen him.