The English Premier League 2016/17™

It was turgid, Mourinho has a huge negative streak in him which is hard to like but Liverpool were equally gutless and turgid tonight. A sign on the dreadful state English football is in, it’s an appalling spectacle.

That game will have finished @dodgy_keeper

+1. You’ll get some contrary Zonal Marking types going on about the intriguing tactical battle but it was boring and shit.

2 Likes

Anyone wasting 2 hours on a soccer match needs their head examined.

Didn’t see it pal. I haven’t actually seen a Man U game yet this season. Does Mourinho not have them back playing the fabled ‘Man U way’?

Don’t get me wrong, you can get very intriguing and captivating games which may not be for the purist in terms of spectacle, like the Italy and Germany game this summer, which I thought was captivating but this was certainly not one of them. The game just lacked any sort of life, the players looked like they weren’t bothered. English football is done, too many assholes who don’t care, who see the league for the welfare state it is and will lose all ethic and pride they have in themselves.

Give me a team managed by Big Sam up against one managed by Tony Pulis any day of the week over that shit.

Yep true . That said if two eye tie teams produced that certain folk would be creaming themselves .

Soccer isn’t great all told .

Disclaimer ; I did not see tonight’s game .

Really shit game alright but Sky have their hands tied on Champions League weeks and have no alternative but to show the lesser teams on Monday Night Football.

2 Likes

Nice bit of needle in the Spurs Bournemouth game. 0-0. Having the crowd close to the pitch helps.

He’s very good Squires. he had one about the A League recently (he ives in Australia) that had me in stitches. You would have to have been knowledgeable about the second tier of Australian football to get it.

Dirty Spurs.

Another really shit EPL game.

Both sides afraid of their lives to go for it. Dele Ali looks to be the lastest English hyped player who is very ordinary.

Eddie Howe doing a great job with very limited resources.

1 Like

Spurs are very ill disciplined. A strong referee would have shown a few of them the line today.

1 Like

Lamela is certainly lucky to be on the park, don’t think the Sissoko one was as bad as it looked. Vertonghen took a liberty in the box and was lucky not to concede a peno there.

All the first half yellow cards were needless and avoidable.

Spurs don’t have enough about them to win the league this season, their midfield doesn’t have enough guile and their attack does not create enough openings, a lot of them seem to be streaky players. They are solid at the back but will struggle to win games like the one today.

Pochettino seems to be ruining Eriksen who was shit today.

Tiger Tim raving about MOTM Little Arry Arfur. Southgate was in attendance.

Wilshere was shit today too.

The urinators joint top now I see? Had west brom not scored they’d be leading.