The English Premier League 2016/17™

Pards has gone with a surprise 4-4-2. Two deep banks of fours and then hoofing balls up to Benteke and Zaha who’s playing off him. Manchester United are absolutely owning the ball so far aided by the extra player in centre midfield.

We have a goal.

And it’s a LIVERPOOL goal.

Superb cross from Clyne and Lallana finishes at the back post.

Goals for Lallana and Eriksen.

Other then Pogba giving it away, they’d have zero possesion.

Boro-Pool gives me memories of that opening day of the season clash sometime in the 1990s when Ravenelli downed Liverpool with a hat-trick. I recall that Boro side under Bryan Robson and with Festa, Juninho, Emerson (?) and Ravenelli getting relegated at Leeds on the final day of that or a subsequent season.

Bailly back in at right-back for United, Mourinho electing to keep the Rojo/Jones partnership together. Might be bad news for Smalling.

Middlesbrough getting relegated at Leeds on the final day of that 96/97 season really ushered in the era of conspicuous displays of supporter grief for Sky television purposes.

Who knows, maybe the lass that was caught crying her eyes out that day may have been genuine in her tears, she was (and very likely still is) a woman, after all.

But each successive season after that raised the bar to new and ever more embarrassing levels as supporters tried to outdo each other in their public shows of emotion, liberated from any sense of shame or embarrassment by the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

1 Like

Stoke down to 10 men the cunts, that’s my coupon fucked :rage:

Smalling is supposed to be injured, to be fair Rojo was against Spurs on Sunday.

Rooney’s touch :rollseyes:

Arnautovic the player to see red. Shane Long is starting for Southampton at Stoke.

Fabregas has Chelsea in front at Sunderland.

Pogba has given the ball away 3 times in last 3 minutes under no pressure whatsoever.

BT Sports are streets ahead of Sky with their football coverage

4 Likes

Keeping with that theme, do you remember when Leeds got relegated from the EPL about 10 years ago at Bolton and the camera honed in on a young kid bawling his eyes out but singing defiantly? I recall the follow up newspaper stories and SSN features about him. He was 10 or 11 and from somewhere random like Shrewsbury. His old pair used to allow him to fuck off around England on his own every weekend supporting Leeds home and away. :laughing:

Very frustrating player to watch at times.

Zabaleta has Manchester City in front at home to Watford.

John Stones was left out.

Broken Britain.

I wonder does he still follow them.

Deciding to follow Leeds circa 1999/2000 must have seemed so appealing. A team very much on the up and up, for sure.

MOT.

Another idiotic challenge from Rojo. Very lucky not to be red.

I know that. I have Mourinho’s pointed remarks about some people (Smalling and Shaw) not going through the pain barrier in mind.

The redtop rumours prob havent Smalling…I’d have Shaw starting if fit for every game though.