The Favourite Provincial Stadium Thread

4 Likes

Sorry for the lack of red paint but I’m sure you can spot it.

2 Likes

In no order

Nowlan Pk
Semple Stadium
PuíC
Breffni Park
O’Moore Pk

Was at a wedding the weekend and they pulled out a rake of bottles of bucky at about 1am…unreal.

PUC : Stadium & walk not so good but the atmosphere there on Championship days was electric.
Semple Stadium : Place is comfortable.
Portlaoise : Underrated spot, easy access & decent stand.

Careful with that buckfast @ChocolateMice

http://wundergroundmusic.com/scottish-man-accidentally-fingers-own-mum-following-buckfast-binge/

Gaelic Park is still a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Was driving on the Marina recently, even though I obviously knew about the Pairc being done up I got some shock when I saw the nothingness, the grass which played host to all those great games is just exposed now and about 8 inches long, I grew up very close to the Pairc, spent my summer evenings at Cork training sessions robbing bags of sliothars and pucking them across the Atlantic pond (I’ve just been reminded of a story that might fit into that near misses thread), it is by far and away my favourite ground.

Killarney is a great place for a match as well,

Ah yes the No 1 train in the background “mind the doors”

Great trAditional spectator there just to the right of the number 2.

The lady in the orange trousers?

White shirt. Boobs. Leather coat by the looks. Slacks, most likely by farah, and gut by the breakfast counter at the local ESSO.

The surface in Pairc Ui Rinn looked incredible there on League Sunday.

1 Like

I had the exact same thought.

1 Like

+1 to those posts. A pity they didn’t let a crowd in to watch it

I actually thought it might be artificial so well did it look

Pairc Ui Rinn is an absolutely smashing ground. Ideal for about 95% of intercounty matches.

Close to town, grand for parking, decent covered stand on one side with nice view, pitch is normally in pristine condition and always a decent atmosphere once there’s a reasonably big crowd.

1 Like

Flower Lodge was renowned as Irelands best playing surface. In typical Cork pat ourselves on the back style I can remember the Echo and the Examiner making a big deal out of Liverpool and Spain giving it the massive thumbs up in the 80s.

I can’t wait to go to a game here.