The GAA Infrastructure Thread

My uncle had “wonky” legs too but he was okay to park at the field after requesting a Parking Pass from the Co Board. :man_shrugging:

Could you now?

I’m cool as mustard, pal.

Its just poorly managed. Shuttle buses up and down from city centreand bus station if properly run would take 10 mins. 15 mins from train station

@glasagusban would be happy for every Munster Hurling fixture to be played in Thurles.

Thurles is the only place to play a Munster Championship match.

I would be happy if every Munster hurling fixture was in Thurles.

Would it be used though? Patrons who make the effort to head off early usually park up okay and get in & out without fussing like bitches.

Its about 25 min walk from city centre. Same as o connell bridge to croke park

1 Like

Do many people park on O Connell Bridge?

it’s about a 40 minute walk from the train station. I think that’s the fairest comparison to judge walking distance. It’s slightly more than Limerick and less than Heuston to Croke Park

Some fella said there earlier that Cork was more accessible to Waterford people than Limerick people and I had a right chuckle… the train goes to the junction and takes about three hours and ye’ve to come up the N25 through Killeagh and Castlemartyr, I’d say ye’d be leaving a good 4 hours before throw in.

it would help you get closer to PuiC

If there is a funeral on across the rd you may forget about it

There is plenty places to alight lots of rowing clubs along the river. There used to be boats across it years back but think a fella drowned and they outlawed it

Think it was used plenty for the ed sheeran concerts

What ever you, dont park in Cork.

Dont give the cunts the money and you could wait an hour to get out.

No but they would get off the luas nearby

Assume that should read cork con

1 Like

I like the thinking on the shuttle buses for PUC but you’d still have the problem of them getting caught in traffic out from the City, there’s very narrow roads all the way up to PUC, very little they can do to manage the traffic.