The GAA Infrastructure Thread

Not an issue at weekends. Could just close them roads. All businesses down from city centre. Was used for ed sheeran without much issue

there’d be less cars for a concert than a GAA match. Much different profile going, no families etc. People would generally tend to try and leave the cars at home and have a few drinks at a concert

Muldoons that can’t navigate their way around a small sized city and/or are too lazy for the walk out from town.

8 Likes

They ran the shuttle from park and ride at black ash as well. Some people wont ever want to gwt a shuttle bus though

@carryharry is stuck in a Kev-esque defence of his earlier statement despite having been contradicted and shown to be wrong by all and sundry. It’s fascinating to watch.

A €110 GGA million stadium in Cark is a vanity project that makes even the new White Hart Lane look prudent. @Cicero_Dandi @GeoffreyBoycott

I stand by all my points, try reading them.

Field passes are freely available for Patrons who ask their Clubs or Co Boards so accessibility for those in need is not an argument. You are incorrect in that stance I’m afraid.

Certain lads expect to rock up to games 30 mins before throw in and waltz into stadia.

Maybe the GAA should get Chsirman Dan over to help them sort out this financial mess in Cork.

Terrible to see Cork GAA in such a mess and carrying such a colossal debt burden which has seen them ceding control to Croke Park.

The GAA needs a strong Cork.

No bother drive down the road everyone has to walk down with the field pass of course.

:grinning:

‘Twas the rugby crowd made them build it .

Have you ever noticed how those big buses with the players in them get up & down these roads you speak of?

That long overdue Cork to Limerick motorway could save two struggling sporting organisations.

Have you ever travelled to a match with a person in a wheelchair?

Deary me @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, we did try to warm them.

1 Like

Yes. And to PUC on a number of occasions with a Pass to park at the field.

Have you tried doing so with a Pass, pal?

Get that person a wheelchair pass otherwise you are blackguarding them

2 Likes

To be fair PuC is a pain in the hole to get to for an able bodied person, never mind someone with a disability.

Great place to watch a match in fairness but anyone who says the place is easily accessible is living on a different planet.

cc @glasagusban ??