The GAA Infrastructure Thread

Not the same for the younger generation. Fairly good record down there since the 90s I reckon. Usually tends to be a roasting hot day Leeside as well.

Didn’t a boatload of Limerick lads end up splashing around in the raw sewage and they banned them after that?

Yep . Think around 1985

As the industry went the river got cleaner .

Great venue for a match with a decent crowd.

Those games against Cork and Waterford down there in ‘01 were amazing occasions.

‘96 v Cork was a class day out too.

1 Like

Disabled patron pays the standard price and the care provider goes free. Or vice/versa.
Any county board should have access to all the premier grounds in the country.

1 Like

How much is the PUC debt pal

Ye cunts still owe us for Mulcahy in 92

It’s all in the Cork Examiner article with Peter McKenna, pal.

Is it? Throw up the bit where he says what the debt is pal. I just read it online I must have missed it

Take your time

23 million debt. 16 million over budget. That article is 12 months old so I don’t know if it’s gone up or down since

So the cost of the project looks like 110m. The C/B debt was 23m last year.
So these dozy cunts were in possession of circa 85m at some stage… They were in their holes.

There’s a dog tied somewhere that we haven’t heard from yet. Total madness to spend that level of coin on that level of a pitch…

1 Like

correct
2001 cork v limerick was one of the great games allright , humid, flat calm and the place jammed,
the walk down is great allright cc @balbec

to be honest, what are people’s thoughts on the end product of the redevelopment , has the juice been worth the considerable squeeze?
i was in the premimum for cork kerry and its impressive allright, better than croker and makes Aviva look like the away section in Oriel Park,
you’d wonder how often will they fill the thing tho?
a MSFC final aint gonna do it, those all ireland quarters on a saturday are a shambles of an event…
they’ll have to get the hurling semis down there id imagine
90 quid we paid for the cork kerry game that day - it wasnt worth it

1 Like

30m. of taxpayers hard earned gone down the river too. Health and housing could have used it.

2 Likes

would you do naughty things to Sophie Morgan ? i bet you would

lads here would have you believe that in 2020 we’ll be using that money to fund the redevelopemet of an orange hall in Ballymoney

cc @Tassotti

1 Like

Thats in or around what the debt is the 23/25m. They got 30 m grant from government, had about 10 or 15m cash themselves. Got money from munster council and about 20 m from croke park. Sold corporate packages sponsorship 10 year tickets etc. Its all very vague but the debt figure is accurate

No bank involved either at this stage. Money is owed to CP

Where do people want PuíC? On the Beamish site?? Ffs

2 Likes