The GAA Infrastructure Thread

An absolute hewer to play on a windy day though.

The pits.

The GAA cheap out on their stadiums, I’ve made this point over and over on here. Casement will be good though because the British Government are basically paying for it.

PUC’s upgrade is a wasted opportunity for Cork.

1 Like

Speaking of capital spending

1 Like

Hilarious.

My timely quip or the funding ‘discrepancy’?

1 Like

Both.

Jesus you have not been far.

What a dub statement :joy::joy::joy:

Had a quick google and while i am sure i don’t get the full appreciation in a photo i can think of at least 6 pitches in Kerry alone that are far far better.

None in Cork? That’s high praise indeed for Beann Eadair.

Seriously though Kev, google would never do the place justice. The views out over the north Dublin coastline, Ireland’s Eye and Lambay Island are superb.

1 Like

Good to see terracing in the new Casement design although I still don’t want Ulster Football’s HQ moved away from Clones.

Clones is Ulster GAA and will always be its traditional home.

1 Like

Nice views no doubt. But for pure scenary its nowhere near many places.

I pucked Kerry cos that has the most outstanding ones i can remember. I’m sure the whole West Coast is full of them. Saw one spectacular one in Donegal, pretty sure it was some decent senior side too, maybe Cassidys club?

Plenty in Cork too although they seemed to be a little bit more worried about the wind in Cork so many of the fields are a bit more inland.

Derrys centre of excellence is beautiful too in Sherrin Moutains

I know what you mean. For me there’s nothing like Munster final day in Thurles

The views from corballis golf club not far off best in the country.

These things are only relevant if you are drinking. I’ve enjoyed many Munster final occasions in Cork. I remember a great one when the St Saviours bus pulled up outside the Lobby Bar and made their entrance through the window. John O Shea included.

Premium seats in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. :smile:

its good of Cork GGA to “help” supporters by allowing them to buy tickets

Happy to take questions on infrastructure finance, guys.

how soon before the GGA needs to modernise/upgrade archbishop park and how much will cost us the taxpayers?

€2031 seems fair enough

id estimate 2018 before they start modernising

1 Like