The Grab All Association still intent on grabbing

Croke Park will rent them out to local clubs for 150 an hour and make their money back in no time. Same model as Abbotstown. Club’s are fighting over 150 euro slots in Abbotstown.

It’s fucking bedlam. Don’t think any club can get more than two slots a week. We’ve managed to use the indoor arena in the Sports campus a few times too. It’s off the charts.

2 Likes

It was in fairness but it highlighted the need for 4g pitches in the county. What pitches even have decent lights? Clonoulty, Dr Morris are up to the standards. Can’t think of anywhere else of the top of my head.

The 4G pitch is some cod. Got a call from the opposition for a game Sunday on their 4G pitch. No steel studs, no long blades and no mentors or subs wearing runners as it tramples the grass. There’ll be a club inspector there before we take the pitch :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Borrisoleigh and Puckane are poor for lights

North county dublin?

1 Like

What type of surface is 4G and how is it different from standard Astro?

Standard astro/3G will contain beading or sand as a filler while 4G are like plastic/synthetic grass with none of the filler

3 Likes

How bad is the carpet burn off it?

Not bad, closer to regular grass than the older astro pitches

2 Likes

Ground hurling is banned also

“Ground hurling” there’s a phrase I haven’t heard in a while.

Wonderful news for de dubs

Templetuohy, Moycarkey on their back/training pitch. Think Ballyporeen do too but that’s not much good to the majority of the county

St. Mollerans the Waterford side of Carrick have good lights as well

I played on the one in WIT a few years ago. Its not bad but its essentially a completely different sport

The rest of the GAA world is now paying for Cork’s gross ineptitude and overspend on their ground.

Ticket prices gone up across the board and a smaller pie for clubs and counties to receive, to service their debt. Antrim are still only getting the same £15m they were promised around a decade ago for the redevelopment of Casement.

Has 4g not got a lifespan of ten years?
I can remember when we were scrubbing around looking for somewhere to train, we ended up one night at Longford Park athletic stadium having a full training session in the middle of the athletics track whilst there was a full athletics session ongoing on the track.
We were only allowed in the wance :grimacing:

Ah yea there’s loads around but not many up to standard.

Cark County Board are the Quinn Insurance of the GAA

Went to a presentation a couple of years ago about the pitch behind Lansdowne Road. It was replaced last year despite having been installed in about 2009. I think they have an effective lifespan in terms of hours used on them before they start becoming increasing unfit for use.

Off the top of my head, the recommended time to replace the surface was 8,000 hours. The cost to replace was close to the original - in my head circa €1m or so. Note this was for a rugby pitch, a GAA pitch would prob be more.

So, as per @Spidey story above of €150/hour - for 8,000 hours they’d pull in €1.2 million. If it was going to cost €1m to then replace the surface it would sound like they won’t have much, if any, money made