The great PJ McManus

JP will save us from coronavirus

How vital is the new road to adare hosting the Ryder cup in 2026? I presume funding for projects like the bypass will be delayed due to the pandemic or am I wrong?

Depends on how ffg will try fix the economy 2 choices spend big on capital project or austerity

I think one of the conditions of being awarded the Ryder Cup is the completion of the bypass.

I’d say it’s one of the few capital projects that will continue on, relatively unaffected.

I’d obviously wrongly presumed it was E.U funding. When was it due to start? Five years won’t be long rolling around.

When the K Club was awarded it that time the Government had to commit to improving the M50, adding extra lanes etc.

It’s nothing to do with the EU AFAIK, just a sweetener by the successful bidding country.

They can do the bypass of the village and complete the Foynes bit after.

Reopen the old rail line to fuck!

What JP wants JP gets.

The Foynes road has EU funding they just shoehorned in the adare bypass to it while they were at it

1 Like

Has that been converted to green way?

What is that?

Houses for the week will be going for €20k in Ballysteen, Ballingarry, Knockaderry, Croagh and Cappagh.

€30k for the Fairhill in Rathkeale.

1 Like

A cycle path

On the old rail line? First ive heard of that!

1 Like

A trailer park will suit the americans

2 Likes

Go big or go home.

1 Like

No. They haven’t touched the Foynes to limerick line which would go by Adare as they are always talking about reopening it for freight, but it never goes anywhere.
To reopen it for passengers would be a different kettle of fish altogether nearly all the stations are out of action in one way or another. The Rathkeale one is a museum the Adare one is a house I think etc. It could be easily remedied but the line is in poor shape as well, it might some day be fixed to freight standard, but it’s one track so wouldn’t work for passengers on any scalable level, although as a once off for Ryder cup they could possibly make it work. A lot of brigdes along the route need a complete overhaul. It wouldn’t be cheap.

1 Like

A friend of a friend Was telling me last night he thinks a large amount of the u.s crowd will stay in Killarney. He says an hour and a half’s drives would be nothing for some of these major golf events to them.

They will. It wont take an hour and a half in a chopper either. The fellas coming to this from states will either be so rich they wont care or doing it on a budget they wont mind bussing it for a few hours

Killarney and limerick city will take a huge amount of the crowd.

1 Like

Surely the Devon Inn will be hopping too

1 Like

Yeah and Tiger has pre booked a fancy en suite room in Leens Hotel and all

1 Like