The Great Segunda 2016

Surely the first order of business should be a review of the draconian and `unnecessarily harsh sanctions handed down to me for my indiscretion at the end of last season.

You yourself said that they could result in a lop sided division. Justice is rarely served when punishments are meted out in the heat of the moment. Now, after a cooling off period, Iā€™m sure you will be able to hand out a proper, more fitting punishment.

Losing my two first round picks and being placed last on the waiver wire for the first two weeks is way over the top. Iā€™m sure you agree with me and are looking to right this dreadful wrong.

Fuck up.

2 Likes

You have taken the sanction as set down by the previous commissioner in good conscience i could not see fit to undermine the great work of the Segundaā€™s Pete Rozelle.

1 Like

If anything Count initially wanted you gone ā€¦Iā€™d refrain from poking the bear again, mate.

do elaborate.

2 Likes

Should the Germans not have poked the bear after the WWI reparations? Should the great train robbers not have appealed their ludicrously harsh sentences?

Proper justice is never handed out in the heat of the moment, and Iā€™m sure @count_of_monte_crist will have time to reflect on this over the Spring and Summer. So, for the time being, Iā€™m going to park this right here.

1 Like

Right count day one in the job and the existence of the league is under threat.

Weā€™re being asked to end the segunda to help the other struggling leagues. I think this could lead to a drop in banter and craic that would see numerous posters losing interest and the all leagues slowly dying. Id propose the other leagues deal with their own houses, vote themselves on culling non contributing posters. As the non contributers wont even vote in such proceedings it shouldnā€™t be hard to get rid of them.

As to change i vote NO

1 Like

are you @count_of_monte_crist??

I can confirm that i am not

Ok, fire away.

Well chaps log your votes:

Yes: is to review the new format which will be proposed by a ā€œtask forceā€ of 2 members from each division

No: is to keep the segunda the way it is and let the others all rot

@Gman
@Bandage
@Clixby_Bream

@Chucks_Nwoko
@Crutches
@Lazarus
@Sandymount_Red/@Matty_Hislop

@count_of_monte_crist
@Scrunchie
@ChocolateMice/@Mark_Renton
@Special_Olympiakos

So can you confirm - A yes vote is simply to ā€˜reviewā€™ the current situation and not necessarily agreeing to changing it?

Yes, i dont see any point in acquiescing to a system which we know nothing about.

1 Like

1 Like

The issue is whether to abandon the segunda or not, all else is window dressing. No harm deciding that quickly.

Great - In that case I vote yes. Iā€™ll dip my toe in the water and see what way the wind blows for now.

No, itā€™s not, pal. We hold the keys to our destiny right up to the bitter end.

So youā€™re saying vote as whether to enter talks, then vote after whether to accept the results of them?

I still vote NO

Yes- See my last post in the other threadā€¦ we can wait for the rot to set in or act. As is, @Special_Olympiakos is gone and @Clixby_Bream very rarely posts - so we are already down to 10 postersā€¦ My good friend @Crutches also rarely posts but heā€™s going nowhereā€¦ another two no marks come in at seasons end for regular posters and you are down to 8/9 etc. etc. But look, i donā€™t mind either way. I love this league with all my heart.