The Green shit Party - Backtracking to get things done- now incorporating waste of monies by FG

Yes, return will use the money for the scheme and for climate initiatives

As a not for profit, they wont be making on it

Maybe our glorious leader could have been clearer

Its the deer that need to be sorted mate

Not for profit doesn’t mean a cohort won’t coin it somewhere along the chain

3 Likes

We need wolves to sort out the biff cunts…

If some of it comes to a few fingalians with anti car initiatives then so be it

A disappointing feature i read was coca cola were behind driving the qr codes and involved in the scheme from the outset. This qr coding makes it specific to ireland meaning they can now set prices for our market free of competitive pricing.

Previously, you could bring in cans from anywhere if local distribution prices were too high- free and open market economics. For example, a slab of cans was about at 4 euro cheaper or something from portugal but would have added hassle involved versus sourcing locally. But you had the choice.

As of June, that loophole will be closed out, every can has to have the ire-specific qr code, so coke can set local prices again as they wish as the cheaper open no longer available. Seems anti-EU to my naive eye but very crafty manoeuvring by coke.

5 Likes

Why does the scheme reject cans that have been bashed a bit? It’s not like they are going to be putting the drink back into the same cans? They are going to be melted down l presume.

I think it only matters if the bar code area has been damaged. I had a bottle rejected, pushed out the area around the barcode and it was accepted then.

2 Likes

It takes a certain type of mindset to start fretting about buggy access when presented with all those people living in tents.

4 Likes

The day after my post the tents were removed. The Greens are clearly listening to tfk and keeping a keen eye on the zeitgeist captured here.

Great bunch of lads the Japs.

https://x.com/ray_cun/status/1790327579007721885?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

cheeky fuckers posing on probably the only road in the city centre they havent put a cycle path on

Sleepy was right about diesel.

suck it up slaphead

2 Likes

That’ll be a lovely facility. When are they going to finish it?

cant be too long, they are behind schedule already

But only 6 months behind on a 21 month program

i suppose theyll come in useful when this govt are sent on their bikes when the election comes