The guess the pub thread

Same here, Jesus the pint was shocking. Boys were sound out though

The Imperial is a fine pub. Has a little stage set up for music, seems to be a big Liverpool pub. Called in there at Christmas also after starting in the Spotted Dog.

Have been into Slatteryā€™s a few times. Last time there was a barwoman on her own almost creating tension herself with the door locked and assessing the cameras anytime somebody wanted to go in. Prior visits it just seemed like a normal pub.

2 Likes

I thought the pub was suprisingly clean and modern, given the outside looks like its closed down. Which disappointed me.
The clientele on the other hand, were exactly as I expected. Which also disappointed me

1 Like

@cowpat . We have found a local for you.

5 Likes

Iā€™m always passing, can anyone float in or is it a club type place

Slightly off topic but I drove through Dublin city around 10:30/11am this morning. Clontarf, Ballybough, Dorset St, Smithfield, Thomas St/Liberties, Dolphins Barn, Kimmage and Crumlin. I couldnā€™t get over the amount of pubs open and with punters entering/smoking outside. I was jealous.

1 Like

Anyone can walk in. Thereā€™s a reason he has no signs on the outside & it looks the way it is though. Iā€™d say the last thing he wants is to humour some American coming down from Katie Dalys on a Wednesday morning. They donā€™t want everyone and anyone walking in the barman said.

He has it for the last 30 years, passed on from family, no overheads. Happy just to be tipping away. Thereā€™s a country feel off it for a city pub. Iā€™d go back I have to say.

1 Like

1 Like

The Castle Inn

Cork

3 Likes

On a rare tear. Taken a gang of English lads round Irish pubs in digbeth. One such pub is cash only. Great fun.

@Plastic_Paddy The Lamp

8 Likes

Phenomenal pub

2 Likes

The last bastion. Eddie Fitz keeps a proper house. Itā€™s been a while. Must get there soon

He wasnā€™t there himself. Was up in bed as he was at a wedding the night before. Decent crowd in there.
One of the best pubs.

1 Like

Hoppy after finishing applied maths.
He said it was very hard.

18 Likes

Ask him what the difference is from regular maths?

One is very hard and the other one isnā€™t quite as hard

Itā€™s a mixture between physics and maths. A handy A if a lad is decent at normal maths

Well, thatā€™s a 1+1 for starters

1 Like

He said itā€™s a good bit harder than higher maths anyway.

Did you attempt to fly out of Manchester airport the other day ?