The Health Food-Drinks-Supplements Thread

Bulkpowders …but any supplement store should have them.

Upped the zma to 180mg…I expect sleep to improve further and dreams to get weirder. Their pre workout, Elevate, was 40% off so I’ll give it a rattle with a scoop instant bcaa that I picked up also.

McDonagh Plaza about to open in Portlaoise, will dwarf all others on the M7. It’ll be unreal food.

anyone on magnesium? I suspect it is fucking my sleep up lately

NMN

Get on this longevity train

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Go on, tell us more.

Will it outlast the rubbing coconut oil in your hair and bulletproof coffee?

Tell me more bro

Between the matcha, mushrooms and ester c im flying these days

2 Likes

Across the kingdom of life, an increase in intracellular levels of NAD+ triggers shifts that enhance survival, including boosting energy production and upregulating cellular repair.5 In fact, the slow, ineluctable process of aging has been described as a “cascade of robustness breakdown triggered by a decrease in systemic NAD+ biosynthesis and the resultant functional defects in susceptible organs and tissues.”6 Aging is marked by epigenetic shifts, genomic instability, altered nutrient sensing ability, telomere attrition, mitochondrial dysfunction, cellular senescence, stem cell exhaustion, and dysregulated intercellular communication.7,8

By middle age, our NAD+ levels have plummeted to half that of our youth.9Numerous studies have demonstrated that boosting NAD+ levels increases insulin sensitivity, reverses mitochondrial dysfunction, and extends lifespan.10,11NAD+ levels can be increased by activating enzymes that stimulate synthesis of NAD+, by inhibiting an enzyme (CD38) that degrades NAD+, and by supplementing with NAD precursors, including nicotinamide riboside(NR) and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN).12,13A conceptual framework called NAD World, formulated over the last decade by developmental biologist Shin-ichiro Imai, MD, PhD, of Washington University School of Medicine, posits NMN as a critical, systemic signaling molecule that maintains biological robustness of the communication network supporting NAD+.6

Taken orally, NMN is rapidly absorbed and converted to NAD+.14 In numerous studies, supplementation with NMN has increased NAD+ biosynthesis, suppressed age-related adipose tissue inflammation, enhanced insulin secretion and insulin action, improved mitochondrial function, improved neuronal function in the brain, and more. Here, we look at the science behind NMN, its stability, possible pharmacokinetics, transport, function, and ability to induce biosynthesis of NAD+.15Supplementing NMN may be an effective nutraceutical anti-aging intervention, with beneficial effects on a wide array of physiological functions.1

Lads NAD levels are plummeting.

NMN has demonstrated a wide array of remarkable effects, benefitting conditions ranging from diabetes to Alzheimer’s disease to ischemia.27 Orally

administered NMN is quickly synthesized into NAD+ in tissues in mice. NMN has been able to suppress age-associated weight gain, enhance energy metabolism and physical activity, improve insulin sensitivity, improve eye function, improve mitochondrial metabolism and prevent age-linked changes in gene expression

1 Like

I’ve started grounding in the mornings… walking around the lawn barefoot for 5-10 mins, gamechanging. Avoiding the odd bit of fox shit is the only challenge.

6 Likes

The connection with the earth must be unreal

2 Likes

Savage reduction in cortisol, better sleep, increased immunity.

Couple the above with a bit of sun exposure (top off) in the morning and a bit of breath work and a fella could add years to his life.

4 Likes

Its expensive tack. Could work out very pricey if it extends your life significantly?

1 Like

anyone on Athletic Greens?

A shroud has no pockets.

1 Like

Have you an opinion that isn’t copied and pasted??

Ive been on a strict daily cold shower regimen since spring of '22. I’d feel a total failure of a man if i wimped out of a morning.

1 Like

Id have the hot shower first and then switch to cold, i get an awful freeze brain headache after about a minute. Savage clarity though.

cold plunge is better, savage release of dopamine

2 Likes

Its an issue alright. Ive combatted the affliction by methodically adding 10 seconds a day. You wouldn’t be bothered with a coat on a frosty morning

1 Like