Let's All Laugh At McIIroy

He is wrong. Itā€™s enough to know it donā€™t worry about the validation

1 Like

It begs the question, was Dustin Johnson on the funny stuff last night?

1 Like

Incorrect use of beg the question again there.

Iā€™d say youā€™ve had your head in a few 19th century grammar books mate. Language moves on.

Edit. That should have read forehead.

1 Like

Not if @Fagan_ODowd believes it to be true

Not at all. Itā€™s wrong now and it would have been wrong then.

I think this is one of those rare cases of a taxi driver not actually being correct in his view.

I think Irelandā€™s greatest sportsman could have a green blazer by Sunday night. Iā€™m sure all of TFK will be behind our Rory, a real good guy.

1 Like

Afraid not buddy. Youā€™re on your own here and grammar is very important in this corner of the INTERNET so if youā€™re in possession of information to the contrary the onus is on you as our resident expert to share it.

Begging the question doesnā€™t mean to ask or raise a question, mate. Itā€™s a common misconception - feel free to read up on it.

OK guys, can we focus on the matter at hand here, and getting my post over the line? 7 likes is no mans land really.

I would strongly contend that the most common (and correct in modern vernacular) use for that phrase is to invite a question in response to a statement or similar. Therefore the original use on this thread is correct.

It may be common but itā€™s incorrect.

1 Like

A bit like people saying Canavan was better than Gooch

Signing out. 50ew on King Rory.

2 Likes

It was a compliment mate.

Iā€™m unused to themā€¦

Limerickā€™s Tom Ryan has a green jacket. We saw it on the celeb spotting thread.

3 Likes

Rory will unite the country come Sunday evening

Britain is already united mate, thatā€™s why it is called the United Kingdom

1 Like