Let's All Laugh At McIIroy

Agreed no one really cares if he wins the oasis in the desert tournament or the Cocacabana classic. Thats only all confetti compared to the holy grail of Augusta National.

1 Like

The Open is the big one. The Masters second.

1 Like

:joy::joy: any useless cunt can win an open. See Darren Clarke, Padraig Harrington, Ben Curtis, Todd Hamilton, Paul Lawrie. Theres a reason the masters is called the masters. The clue is in the name.

3 Likes

It might be the big one for Rory as he’s british but lets not cod ourselves here.

2 Likes

Danny Willett, Trevor Immelmann, Charl Schwartzel, Angel Cabrera, Adam Scott haven’t won the Open. They’ve all won the Masters in the past decade.

3 Likes

The Open ceased to be a major after the 2015 edition, Geoff.

2 Likes

Swartzel was the only one of them outside the worlds top 20 at the time. Patrick Reed is only the second man in ten years to be outside worlds top 20 and win the biggest prize in golf.

Angel Cabrera was ranked 69 in the world when he won the second biggest golf tournament at Augusta in 2009.

The masters only started in 1934 Ffs. The people than think the masters is the big one probably think the players championship should be the 5th major.

Nice.

Has danny willet even contended for a major since winning at Augusta?

Cabrera beat off the might of an imploding Kenny Perry to win it.

oooofffttttt

Hasn’t got within an asses roar of winning a Major. Two years on from winning the Masters, he’s ranked 332 in the world. That’s fairly representative of the type of obscure winner the Masters regularly throw up.

3 Likes

Such misery, begrudgery and churlishness. It’s of no major consequence to me what he wins but I’d rather see a man doing well than badly.
His coach is a customer of mine, as sound a mam as you could hope to meet and Rory has stayed loyal to him since he was a kid. Mcillroy is also more than generous to the people he grew up with. In fact he just flew his Bannon’s family to Miami for a surprise birthday party.
I find it disconcerting that the usual spirit of generosity and kindness, which normally prevails on tfk, is so absent here. It must be a partitioning thing.
May God forgive you all.

1 Like

From a quick google, The Masters seems to be ranked as the no.1 tourny … but i think they are all equally a bag of shite .

Dumping both his childhood sweet heart and then the woman he dumped her for by text contradicts much of that.

We’ve all broken a few hearts in our time. Maybe… Someone always gets hurt. Surely French cinema has taught you that much.

Ah yeah… but at least do it face to face, mate… a whatsapp text, as we’ve recently witnessed, is a disgusting way to let a woman down… maybe it’s just a British thing?

I know anything about it. I don’t read ‘Hello’ magazine