The 'How long will it take for Fianna Fail to call in the IMF again' thread

An incredible statesman. We could do with him today.

1 Like

download
ray-burke
Another two top lads.

As he said himself
“He did the state some service”

1 Like

Terrific warm up act from Lisa Chambers.

I would

Was just looking at some youtube footage there of the 1971 Ard Fheis. They’re much more sedate affairs these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlcL7aVN10

1 Like

Did they kidnap and rape poor auld Boland?

2 Likes

This crowd are fucked, the state of their Party is mainly desperate.

I caught a minute around Lunchtime of some obese Lady with an unmericiful cork twang gomming on.

Cahill their Agriculture Spokesman…I mean like, where is he looking?

Eastwood has just about pretended to be leader of the sdlp here. He’s let clare hanna and nicola mallon do the hard work while he fannies about with the odd soundbite. A nobody.

It would be be great if they get obliterated in the next Assembly election. I think their link up with FF will have a negative impact on their base and it’s already at an all time low. I don’t see where they expect to pick up the vote?

They are toxic to republicans and the link up with FF will make that even more so, they would have a small core of moderate nationalist vote that would be a key issue and I think this will actually alienate them.
SF seem to have the youth vote well and truly sewn up so I wouldn’t see much inroads there.
Unless they are going to target the Alliance base which only really holds sway in a few middle class urban areas around Belfast but even so I can’t see them doing much there.

Shame. They had some fine people down the years. The should have put hanna in charge, she’s twice the man easywood is.

Fuck them, they were always anti-republican.

Too simple a way of looking at it, they were part of the jigsaw- adams and co needed an ‘in’. Hume was a statesman, mallon wasn’t far behind. The rest were a long way behind…

But you’re right. They’ve probably served their purpose

What us their base at this stage?

He has a nice Chipp tie In fairness

I’d vote Fianna Fail in the morning.

Gerry Collins was a great representative for Limerick West.

I heard Martin sticking it to the Government last night. Then I remembered that they’re keeping them in power.

7 Likes

There has been a Collins elected in Limerick West/Limerick County in every single general election since the foundation of the state.

Niall, the auld bollix, was in Kilkenny last Sunday.

Leo isn’t half as popular as the establishment, D4 set would have you believe. Even FG’s own grassroots didn’t favour him at the time of the leadership vote.

FF to be top dog again at the next election.