The I haven’t done a stroke of work today thread - the Iron Mike thread

In. For about the last 2 weeks actually. My motivation in work is on the floor.

Have you lost your purpose mate?

Possibly, mate. I’m currently “looking for new opportunities” so I am questioning the value of anything I do in my current role.

You need to pump the shit out of yourself on LinkedIn mate. List your recent achievements and get online kudos for them.

1 Like

I’m feeling very conflicted at work these days too bro. There is an on-going (non voluntary) redundnacy program for the last year or so. There is obviously extra work to be done by those who are kept. I don’t mind being busy but I’m in for a big windfall if I get the curly finger. With my obvious intellect and qualifications I should find it easy enough to get another job. My working environment has actually improved as the manager who gave me a bad review got culled, lolz for the cunt.

5 Likes

If you’re confident of picking something else up and not crazy about your current role then I’d be trying to engineer that you get “picked” for redundancy. If you’ve never got redundancy before then it’s like a small Lotto win.

1 Like

I had a nice trip from the last work lotto.

1 Like

I have a mate who has been waiting for redundancy for a few years now. While the financial impact may be good eventually it must be soul destroying from a self confidence point of view.

Why? Redundancy generally works quite well for the staff in jobs where they are rehireable. Old school industrial redundancies are a different kettle of fish obviously and could decimate a town but workforces are generally much more adaptable these days. I know a few people who were delighted to get redundancies… and one or two who are stilll bitter they didn’t get it when it was going.

He’s been sitting in a role for years now which is essentially redundant. No promotion obviously. He’s not happy - missed out on redundancy before but hopes to get it next time. I don’t know - seems like a strange way to be work wise.

I know a lad who was offered a 150k to go at 62 and didn’t take it because he wanted more.

He left at 65 for nothing.

The thick, greedy fool.

5 Likes

Thats poxy alrigjt. One of the lads’ wife is looking for it at the moment. A couple of the other lads with experience on both sides of it were advising him on it. As soon as the company realise you want to leave they cool down on the redundancy and try to freeze you out. Sitting it out would be tough.

Had he a habit of abusing golfers on Twitter?

1 Like

And not to go too capitalist pig on it but future jobs are affected also as he has sat in the same position for years without progression. Not good.

Mrs Hunt and myself travelled off the back of our redundancies 10 years ago. Any Vietnamese we spoke to didn’t believe us when we said they paid us to quit our jobs.

1 Like

It must be great to get that off your chest at last.

Look, if you went at 62 you’d probably have left the wife and blew it on blue pills.

I took a pill in Ibiza.

2 Likes

Not a tap since lunchtime.

Shnake out there to watch the Oaks

I’ll be fucking off now shortly. Bank holiday weekend, and a feast of sport ahead. :ronnyroar:

1 Like