The I haven’t done a stroke of work today thread - the Iron Mike thread

Cricfree tv (Google it) has a good stream

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1104865, member: 246”]Subscribing to the spirit of the thread…:pint:
I rose around 9 and surveyed the gaff, ran the J Edgar, “dusted” lightly and hit the off–license for a few tinnies. Procured a ready-made roll for instant consumption, a grand fillet steak for possible future consumption, interacted with various medical consultants via telephone, affirmed to herself via phone that I was “Hot to trot” with regard to Cheltenham.

My only punts of the day involved the first 4 races so I was surprised when Herself rang around 4.30 with an inquisitorial “Well - I’d say you’re laughing”
I acknowledged this, downplaying it mercifully. I felt a kind of spiritual connection really, as she knows my mind and was well touched by her call.

It would seem that I had a bit of a snooze from 5-8 but I rallied again, whacked up 4 spuds for “real” chips, flogged the fillet onto the pan for the requisite time, onions and a few button mushrooms and Robert is your fathers brother…

Fully re-energised now…Are those cans mine ? …[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“habanerocat, post: 1105204, member: 1513”]Try,

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/#s=home

See if that works as a matter of interest. Let me know.[/QUOTE]
Less of that rugby football shite pal

:popcorn:

There’s a lot to be said for starting really early in the morning. I was about my business before 7am and was very productive until about 10am by which time i was distracted by the murder trial, twitter, the plane crash. I’ve a good bit done to be fair with the three good hours and can relax a lot now and it’s not even midday. Imagine being like a lemming sat in a car for an hour to start work at 9am and you’re already bollixed from being up so early, driving, gridlock, and the draining nature of talking to your colleagues, people you most likely despise. By midday you’ve only just caught up with the latest news in the trial, the plane crash, twitter etc and now it’s time for your lunch. Sure you’d have nothing done. The early bird catches the worm, i must do this early start to the day more often. @Tassotti is right.

I always find the early start good in moderation. Do it constantly and its expected you’re in all the time with APAC hounding you at 7:05am.

They should not know you are available. Turn off IM and have a batch approach to email.

Someone has stolen my mug at work in the past 24 hours. It’s an over-sized novelty mug which comfortably accommodates 3 teabags and half a litre of water. I stole it off an ex-colleague 4 years ago, and it is genuinely irreplaceable. I have a list of suspects, and all will be subtly interrogated until I get to the bottom of this.

Until then, I’m on fucking strike.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1112339, member: 2812”]Someone has stolen my mug at work in the past 24 hours. It’s an over-sized novelty mug which comfortably accommodates 3 teabags and half a litre of water. I stole it off an ex-colleague 4 years ago, and it is genuinely irreplaceable. I have a list of suspects, and all will be subtly interrogated until I get to the bottom of this.

Until then, I’m on fucking strike.[/QUOTE]
Following on from the above, I’ve spent the day gambling and now stand in the brink of glory. I will now spend the remaining 90 minutes of the work day assessing my laying off options. Still a shame as $1300 won’t return my mug, because as previously stated, it’s irreplaceable.

[ATTACH=full]2562[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1112412, member: 2812”]Following on from the above, I’ve spent the day gambling and now stand in the brink of glory. I will now spend the remaining 90 minutes of the work day assessing my laying off options. Still a shame as $1300 won’t return my mug, because as previously stated, it’s irreplaceable.

[ATTACH=full]2562[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

:pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1112412, member: 2812”]Following on from the above, I’ve spent the day gambling and now stand in the brink of glory. I will now spend the remaining 90 minutes of the work day assessing my laying off options. Still a shame as $1300 won’t return my mug, because as previously stated, it’s irreplaceable.

[ATTACH=full]2562[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Also, fuck the mug.

Number of strokes of work done so far today; 0

Can’t see it changing either. Any suggestions for how to pass the day on t’internet lads. This place is gone dead as fuck.

Rocko killed it

Liam Cahillesque

Time for an away day?

Where will we go

We’re probably gone too mature for WOL. My knowledge of other internet fora isn’t what it used to be. Or else you could set up an Instagram account to bully @The_Runt

@The_Runt knows computers and shit, I wouldn’t be messing with him online. He could make your phone blow up in your hand or something.

Go over to propertypin lads and look for advice on putting up rents on your string of buy to lets which you managed to hold onto after getting a serious debt write down from your bank.

6 Likes

Signing in. Just can’t be bothered after the win last night, football comes first