The Ian Bailey is dead thread

Thereā€™s some saying about the truth and drinkā€¦

Yes. And thereā€™s also the other 99% of stuff that lads say while drunk which is complete horseshit.

Iā€™m just saying you could see why the cops might have thought it was him if he was going around making comments like that

[QUOTE=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 1045066, member: 1786ā€]Interesting stuff in the court case today.
Will be interesting to see what else comes out in it.

He seems to have made a few fairly odd comments (to say the least) to people around the time of the incident.
The bottom line will be the Cops protecting their ownā€¦Bailey (whether innocent/guilty) has us all by the balls.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ā€œGary Birtles Lovechild, post: 928198, member: 2585ā€]As an aside, I worked part time in a wine shop on Washington St in Cork while I was in UCC. Ian Bailey was there at the same time doing his law degree. I served him in the shop a few times.

He always bought Montana Sauvignon Blanc.

And thatā€™s my spiel.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d say the chances are (guilty or not) he will be able to buy half of Montana as a result of this case not just the wine.

Read this piece from the excellent Gene Kerrigan.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/gene-kerrigan-our-rush-to-judgement-on-ian-bailey-must-be-examined-29872952.html

1 Like

While I believe that Bailey is completely innocent, and was subject to a gross injustice in terms of his handling by the guards, I canā€™t condone his black ā€˜humourā€™ in relation to the case.

I, and many others on this forum, have never engaged in such ā€˜humourā€™ in the past.

Du Plantier! Du Plantier!

Cops seem to have had more than enough reasons to suspect him going by the evidence Iā€™ve heard so far in this case.

Deeply unpleasant person my West Cork sources tell me.

More than likely killed the poor woman.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1045315, member: 24ā€]Read this piece from the excellent Gene Kerrigan.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/gene-kerrigan-our-rush-to-judgement-on-ian-bailey-must-be-examined-29872952.html[/QUOTE]

Is that the same indo that recently convicted in the ā€œcourt of public opinionā€ the people who were acquitted in a court of law the people in the mairia cahill case?

Did you read the article?

[QUOTE=ā€œKid Curry, post: 1047313, member: 1397ā€]Deeply unpleasant person my West Cork sources tell me.

More than likely killed the poor woman.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the music! Heā€™s evil!

its a bizarre one runt
he took this action to clear his name but all that is happening now is that he is almost on trialā€¦ i think he may have mugged himself off hereā€¦

he seems an odd one - seems to court/enjoy the notoriety at some level

he previously took libel actions and they were withdrawn

having said that the attempts by the French authorities to extradite him were a disgrace and I am glad our Courts stood down that challenge to our sovereignty

The legal eagles here might correct me but I think all the state have to do is prove that there was reasonable grounds for the Gardai to suspect Bailey of involvement in the murder? From what Iā€™ve heard so far the Gardai would have been negligent if they didnā€™t suspect him of involvement in it.

@TreatyStones - can you point in the direction of where you were reading the stuff that you felt gave grounds for suspicion? Or even better bullet point them for me. Cheers.

I listen to Philip Boucher Hayes court reports on Drive Time in the evening.

Any interesting point raised yesterday was an interview that Bailey gave with Pat Kenny in 1997 in which he said it was reasonable for gardaĆ­ to consider him a suspect for the murder.

Yep but Bailey case must have more to offer - must have some evidence that GardaĆ­ created evidence/pushed witnesses to make false statements on basis they thought he did it but couldnā€™t gather evidence necessary to make it stick

[QUOTE=ā€œmickee321, post: 1047365, member: 367ā€]its a bizarre one runt
he took this action to clear his name but all that is happening now is that he is almost on trialā€¦ i think he may have mugged himself off hereā€¦[/QUOTE]

If he gets a shed load of money from this action heā€™ll have mugged the tax payers off good and proper.