The Ian Bailey is dead thread

Iā€™m talking about at the time

And the onions.

1 Like

Is Her.ie a reliable news source?

Cutting edge

Looks legit.

2 Likes

If youā€™re wondering which is the best brand of tampon Iā€™d say. Not sure about cold cases.

2 Likes

Her.ie is every bit as reputable as Joe.ie

Hard to argue with Brandyā€™s logic there.

The way they are gone in Texas you might even be able to argue the unfertilized eggs are passengers. But then you might get done for overloading

1 Like

A Garda source said: ā€œWe are taking this new evidence very seriously.

Since we realised we could get a jolly to Paris out of it

New evidence, which is of course very old evidence, they choose to completely ignore at the time

4 Likes

Didnā€™t realise until last week that Jules children and some friends had been out and about on the fateful night and came in around 2 or 3 in the morning. Varying reports around Ian Baileyā€™s activities that night according to the piece in the Indo.

Itā€™s the lingering smell of garlic.

I hear the lads are gone over to bring the horse back from France

1 Like

Supposedly acting on testimony from Marie Farrell (!!!) that the guy she saw at Kealfadda Bridge was a ringer for an associate of Daniel Du Plantier that she recognised after Jim Sheridan showed her a photo

How are the Gardai giving her any credibility? Why is she not in prison for perjury and obstructing justice? She has as m uch credibilty as tht guy on the West Cork podcast that was suggesting that Sophie was killed by a horse!

1 Like

While Marie Farrell is about as sincere as a whoreā€™s kiss, surely the first point of call in the investigation should be the husband and all avenues exhausted when it came to him. It looks like there was minimal investigation around him.

2 Likes

People are too harsh on Marie Farrell. She was intimidated by the guards into lying. Hardly the person in history to have this happen to them and she did eventually come clean.

Marie Farrell has said she told the truth when she told a Garda inquiry a Detective Sergeant apologised to her over an incident in which she alleged he exposed himself to her before saying words to the effect ā€œfitting upā€ journalist Ian Bailey was a ā€œturn onā€.

Listening back to ā€œwest corkā€ podcasts
I forgot how poorly The Gardai come out of the whole saga
Bailey could never be convicted

1 Like

I think her husband Tuscan Du Plantier has died since. Maybe some of his associates could still be prosecuted.

Hard to convict an innocent man

1 Like

I always thought Bailey was innocent and that he was a perfect fall guy for the Gardai. Blame the tan. Then I heard the podcast. If Bailey had just kept schtum Iā€™d probably still think the same. The burning of clothes, the doubts over where he was that night, the history of hitting women, the drink induced rageā€¦ his answers to the accusations.

2 Likes