The Jack Grealish Thread

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128809, member: 180”]Not in the least, I want him for Ireland, that is obvious from those posts, the quicker we get him the better. His cuntishness or not is still up for debate.

Swing and a MISS totti mate.[/QUOTE]

This is typical you, get on a young guy’s back and fling all sorts of mud at him and then a couple of weeks/years/months later when he is flavour of the month you will be jumping on his fanclub trying to pass off you believed in him from the start - see Pardew, see Suarez and many others.

You flip-flopping cunt.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1128815, member: 2514”]This is typical you, get on a young guy’s back and fling all sorts of mud at him and then a couple of weeks/years/months later when he is flavour of the month you will be jumping on his fanclub trying to pass off you believed in him from the start - see Pardew, see Suarez and many others.

You flip-flopping cunt.[/QUOTE]
I’ll do my own thing here totti you simpleton and I stand over every post you quoted above. I suspect it won’t bother the guy too much, but the fact that it bothers you amuses me.

Will you retire from the forum if he doesn’t declare for the Republic of Ireland?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128818, member: 180”]I’ll do my own thing here totti you simpleton and I stand over every post you quoted above. I suspect it won’t bother the guy too much, but the fact that it bothers you amuses me.

Will you retire from the forum if he doesn’t declare for the Republic of Ireland?[/QUOTE]

Your own thing seems to playing both sides, you spineless cunt.

Yes is the answer to the second question.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1128820, member: 2514”]Your own thing seems to playing both sides, you spineless cunt.

Yes is the answer to the second question.[/QUOTE]
Good man. Unlike you I am a man of incredible honour. Will you set up the new ID now or have you it ready to go?

No. you are not. You have been on here shamelessly passing yourself off as a believer and fan from the outset of people like Pardew and Suarez when you were slating them with vitriol until they turned it round, that sickens people who were there from the start. You are not welcome in either of those threads and you’re not welcome here. You made your bed now fuck off.

As I have clarified before - I’m not Il Bomber but just like he did, I make shit out of you.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1128822, member: 2514”]No. you are not. You have been on here shamelessly passing yourself off as a believer and fan from the outset of people like Pardew and Suarez when you were slating them with vitriol until they turned it round, that sickens people who were there from the start. You are not welcome in either of those threads and you’re not welcome here. You made your bed now fuck off.

As I have clarified before - I’m not Il Bomber but just like he did, I make shit out of you.[/QUOTE]
Should we have set up a thread to come up with your new username?

Just to make sure where we stand you’ve been

Totti
Il Bomber Destro
Nembo Kid

Have I forgotten anyone?

Ian Rush knows the score :clap:

Ian Rush: John Bull is talking bull by saying Grealish isn’t Irish

‘This time last week Jack Grealish was an Irish U-21 international who no one in England seemed to care about’

Ian Rush

This time last week Jack Grealish was an Irish U-21 international who no one in England seemed to care about.

Then Wembley happened. All of a sudden the question being asked was not just whether England ‘could get Jack back’ but about the ‘moral right’ of Ireland to poach one of ‘our better young players’.

It was fairly incredible to see how quickly attitudes changed and even more striking when one commentator suggested Ireland had no claim to a player who was born and bred in Birmingham.

That sort of argument is easily rubbished and, without meaning to be crude, is pure bull.

As a country, no doubt you are aware of Eoin Morgan. No doubt you are proud of the fact that one of your own has mastered a sport the English invented and has gone on to not just represent England but captain their one-day international cricket side.

You may, reasonably, wonder why he is not captaining the Ireland team but no major fuss has been made about his decision to switch allegiance, partially because of cricket’s status as a sport in Ireland, but also because of Morgan’s circumstances.

To make a decent living as a cricketer, he has to go to England. That’s just an economic reality.

Yet it was also the reality of so many Irish people in the 1950s, 1060s, 1980s and again the post-Celtic Tiger generation.

It was undoubtedly the reality Jack Grealish’s grandparents faced when they emigrated from Ireland.

Do you think they would have made that trip by choice? Or do you believe they worried for their futures and the futures of their children?

Are we stretching it to question whether they thought about the better lives their children’s children might have if they found work in a new city, a new country?

When Ireland first called up Jack Grealish, they weren’t just being opportunist. They were conscious of those emigrants from the 1950s. They were also conscious of what happened in Euro '88 and Italia '90 when there were just eight Irish-born players in those squads that gave the country such a boost. Success like that does not just lift the morale of a small nation. It boosts the economy.

So make no mistake, morally it is the right call. And legally it is the right call. Football’s rules allow it. End of argument.

But I’m not in the mood to stop. No doubt you know all about Eoin Morgan. I’m sure you have heard of Ed Joyce, the batsman from Bray, who also represented England. Does Derry’s Boyd Rankin’s name ring a bell? He played for Ireland first, then England. What about Martin McCague, who was born in Larne but brought up in Australia and who played three Tests for England in the 1990s?

In total, there have been 61 England Test cricketers who represented their country after being born abroad. Some of those - Ted Dexter (born in Italy), Tony Greig (South African-born and bred), Douglas Jardine (Indian-born) and Kevin Pietersen (born and raised in South Africa) were major players in the game’s history.

Their football team too has featured many players who were not born in England. John Barnes anyone? Raheem Sterling?

Yet no one kicks up a fuss about it. We let them get on with it. It is only when English people start lecturing smaller countries about robbing their players that we feel the need to stand up for smaller countries and point out a few home truths.

Aside from all this, the question now is whether Jack Grealish will declare for Ireland. Certainly he’s good enough and while Martin O’Neill has said he wouldn’t throw him into a game as big as the Scotland one, soon he may reconsider his position.

Personally, I cannot see how Jack Grealish’s presence in the Irish squad would weaken them. At worst, he would be a brilliant option to bring on from the bench.

NO-BRAINER

Certainly from Grealish’s perspective, the offer of an Irish senior call-up, albeit just for a friendly, versus the possibility of playing for England’s U-21 side, should be a no-brainer.

It has to be Ireland. He has to show some loyalty. Ireland have invested in his future and will bring him along quicker than England can.

Certainly he’s progressing nicely at Villa, particularly since Tim Sherwood went there. Last Sunday he was immense. Some players go to Wembley and freeze but Grealish seemed to love the occasion. Certainly he was made for it. He drove at the Liverpool defence, he released his passes at the correct moments, he made smart decisions every time he got the ball.

Now he needs to make another intelligent choice. Go with Ireland, Jack. You aren’t just representing a country by doing so, but your grandparents who left to give you a better life.

Indo Sport

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128824, member: 180”]Should we have set up a thread to come up with your new username?

Just to make sure where we stand you’ve been

Totti
Il Bomber Destro
Nembo Kid

Have I forgotten anyone?[/QUOTE]

It’s funny the way you have gone and tried to change the topic of this thread - which was a blatant turncoat action by you - onto unsubstantiated innuendo.

Let’s start off with Suarez.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 603506, member: 180”]This Suarez fella really seems to be a nasty piece of work. I had my doubts initially and was enarmoured by his toothy grin and cheeky carry on but he really does seem to be a bad sort.

Evra always struck me as a decent fella with fuck all bullshit to him, said what be believed and made no apologies for it, ask Thuram for example. At least he has a bit of decorum about him. This recent news only backs that up and it is a shame he didnt deck the fucker when he had the chance.[/QUOTE]

To this a couple of years later, trying to cosy your way up in the Luis Suarez appreciation thread. Spineless.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 966630, member: 180”]If there’s a more beautiful and pure of heart man in football than Luis Suarez, I have yet to see him

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqhHuzTCUAAp9uX.png[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1128827, member: 2514”]It’s funny the way you have gone and tried to change the topic of this thread - which was a blatant turncoat action by you - onto unsubstantiated innuendo.

Let’s start off with Suarez.

To this a couple of years later, trying to cosy your way up in the Luis Suarez appreciation thread. Spineless.[/QUOTE]
Anyone is entitled to a change of opinion, to close yourself off is to stunt your development as a human being. My ability to self evaluate, re evaluate and rethink is what sets me apart from the likes of you Totti. It’s obvious from your intransigence that forced you to have to leave the forum and return under a new ID. You would do well to learn from one such as myself.

Fucking hell, I forgot you left once and came back as RUDI as well :smiley:

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128829, member: 180”]Anyone is entitled to a change of opinion, to close yourself off is to stunt your development as a human being. My ability to self evaluate, re evaluate and rethink is what sets me apart from the likes of you Totti. It’s obvious from your intransigence that forced you to have to leave the forum and return under a new ID. You would do well to learn from one such as myself.

Fucking hell, I forgot you left once and came back as RUDI as well :D[/QUOTE]

So a change in heart, is going from calling someone a nasty piece of work who should be thrown out of football to the most beautiful and pure of heart men in football. There were people who were there from the start in that thread who always saw it, who protected the guy they believed when you were running him down and asking for him to be kicked out of the game that gave him and others so much joy. You then had the brass neck to come on and say you loved him.

I’ll tell you what you are - you are the Eoghan Harris of this forum, a roaster-like Eoghan Harris posting from the middle of some decrepit bogland in the midlands.

Just to refresh the above list

Totti
Il Bomber Destro
Rudi
Nembo Kid

Have I got the order right? Something doesn’t seem right about it?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128826, member: 180”]Ian Rush knows the score :clap:

‘This time last week Jack Grealish was an Irish U-21 international who no one in England seemed to care about’

Ian Rush

This time last week Jack Grealish was an Irish U-21 international who no one in England seemed to care about.

Then Wembley happened. All of a sudden the question being asked was not just whether England ‘could get Jack back’ but about the ‘moral right’ of Ireland to poach one of ‘our better young players’.

It was fairly incredible to see how quickly attitudes changed and even more striking when one commentator suggested Ireland had no claim to a player who was born and bred in Birmingham.

That sort of argument is easily rubbished and, without meaning to be crude, is pure bull.

As a country, no doubt you are aware of Eoin Morgan. No doubt you are proud of the fact that one of your own has mastered a sport the English invented and has gone on to not just represent England but captain their one-day international cricket side.

You may, reasonably, wonder why he is not captaining the Ireland team but no major fuss has been made about his decision to switch allegiance, partially because of cricket’s status as a sport in Ireland, but also because of Morgan’s circumstances.

To make a decent living as a cricketer, he has to go to England. That’s just an economic reality.

Yet it was also the reality of so many Irish people in the 1950s, 1060s, 1980s and again the post-Celtic Tiger generation.

It was undoubtedly the reality Jack Grealish’s grandparents faced when they emigrated from Ireland.

Do you think they would have made that trip by choice? Or do you believe they worried for their futures and the futures of their children?

Are we stretching it to question whether they thought about the better lives their children’s children might have if they found work in a new city, a new country?

When Ireland first called up Jack Grealish, they weren’t just being opportunist. They were conscious of those emigrants from the 1950s. They were also conscious of what happened in Euro '88 and Italia '90 when there were just eight Irish-born players in those squads that gave the country such a boost. Success like that does not just lift the morale of a small nation. It boosts the economy.

So make no mistake, morally it is the right call. And legally it is the right call. Football’s rules allow it. End of argument.

But I’m not in the mood to stop. No doubt you know all about Eoin Morgan. I’m sure you have heard of Ed Joyce, the batsman from Bray, who also represented England. Does Derry’s Boyd Rankin’s name ring a bell? He played for Ireland first, then England. What about Martin McCague, who was born in Larne but brought up in Australia and who played three Tests for England in the 1990s?

In total, there have been 61 England Test cricketers who represented their country after being born abroad. Some of those - Ted Dexter (born in Italy), Tony Greig (South African-born and bred), Douglas Jardine (Indian-born) and Kevin Pietersen (born and raised in South Africa) were major players in the game’s history.

Their football team too has featured many players who were not born in England. John Barnes anyone? Raheem Sterling?

Yet no one kicks up a fuss about it. We let them get on with it. It is only when English people start lecturing smaller countries about robbing their players that we feel the need to stand up for smaller countries and point out a few home truths.

Aside from all this, the question now is whether Jack Grealish will declare for Ireland. Certainly he’s good enough and while Martin O’Neill has said he wouldn’t throw him into a game as big as the Scotland one, soon he may reconsider his position.

Personally, I cannot see how Jack Grealish’s presence in the Irish squad would weaken them. At worst, he would be a brilliant option to bring on from the bench.

NO-BRAINER

Certainly from Grealish’s perspective, the offer of an Irish senior call-up, albeit just for a friendly, versus the possibility of playing for England’s U-21 side, should be a no-brainer.

It has to be Ireland. He has to show some loyalty. Ireland have invested in his future and will bring him along quicker than England can.

Certainly he’s progressing nicely at Villa, particularly since Tim Sherwood went there. Last Sunday he was immense. Some players go to Wembley and freeze but Grealish seemed to love the occasion. Certainly he was made for it. He drove at the Liverpool defence, he released his passes at the correct moments, he made smart decisions every time he got the ball.

Now he needs to make another intelligent choice. Go with Ireland, Jack. You aren’t just representing a country by doing so, but your grandparents who left to give you a better life.

Indo Sport[/QUOTE]
What Ian rush has failed to grasp, is that most people don’t give a fuck about any of this shite. The meeja are just filling a bit of space. He confuses column inches with real life.

This from the lad who said playing abroad was like being in a different country.

It’s a ghost-written column in fairness. Can you imagine Rush saying to himself “I must mention that cricketer from Larne too”?

Superb knowledge of Irish history there from Rushy. He certainly knows more about the 1060s than I do.

A boy Rushy!!

Is he still seeing that bird from Cork who is more than 20 years younger than him? She is a singer or model, it was in the papers a while back. Fair play to him.

His ghost writer has played a blinder above. :clap:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1128892, member: 1552”]Is he still seeing that bird from Cork who is more than 20 years younger than him? She is a singer or model, it was in the papers a while back. Fair play to him.

His ghost writer has played a blinder above. :clap:[/QUOTE]

They are just good mates:cool:

I thought Crowley had already thrown his lot in with Engerlund?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1128826, member: 180”]Ian Rush knows the score :clap:

Ian Rush

NO-BRAINER

Indo Sport[/QUOTE]
Excellent article :clap: