The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Cost them a lot of money with very little return in terms of trophys

Had them as a Div 1 team and regular AI QF/SF.

How have Kildare managers done since? Did they do it pro bono?

The team actually did a lot of their own fundraising through McGeeney. If a Kildare man is bemoaning McGeeney for some reason then I find that quite bizarre given what happened after.

1 Like

They were very unlucky in 2010 .

1 Like

Agree he’s been vindictive before not least with Aidan o shea. But this was ‘proper’ shit he was genuinely breaking down. There’s no way he was making it up. I’ve actually never seen anything like it really it’s well worth a watch. Id reckon now all this has come up in recent years and this led to his erratic behaviour and falling out with family.

for

the man has lost it

1 Like

It’s further than that - he practices in Belfast

1 Like

amended that

Mick O’Dwyer drives Joe around everywhere. Joe offered to pay him but Micko does it for free because he loves the driving so much.

Joe has 2 media companies that I know of, one registered in the UK - JB Media Holdings Ltd - he was stashing the cash at a nice rate of growth up to 2020

These are £’s

JB Media Holdings Limited (UK)
Year Increase in Net Assets / Capital & Reserves
2015 GBP 34,000.00
2016 GBP 74,000.00
2017 GBP 89,000.00
2018 GBP 102,000.00
2019 GBP 111,000.00
2020 GBP 125,000.00
2021 GBP 717,492.00 Net Assets
![image 328x201](upload://2FxFd69TegDZQt2J8zIEoGW2ix.png)

ÂŁ717,492 Net Assets

next up JB Sports Analysis Limited (IE)

Way more cash in the 'ol punditry than I had imagined - the guts of €1million stashed.

(JB SPORTS ANALYSIS LIMITED is a LTD - PRIVATE COMPANY LIMITED BY SHARES company based in C/O BLUETT CONRAN, CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS)

He had concrete stuff on O’Shea rather than what he has contrived and alleged against others.

Think I heard 3k a go for each panelist somewhere before

1 Like

Save me reading 200 posts… Whats the deal with Joe and Laurita that @treatystones is crying about?

2 words
Rumpy pumpy

I recall someone (maybe Michael Lyster) speaking to Anthony Tohill previously and recounting a story that Brolly had relayed about the celebrations in 1993.

Tohill had both of a look of puzzlement and distain.

‘I wouldn’t listen to everything Joe Brolly says’.

That was enough for me.

1 Like

He was an ape who thought his opinion was better than all his colleagues, regularly shouting down or interrupting them as per that clown Spillane.

He’s no loss whatsoever

3 Likes

Yep, I heard he wants to take her up the Áras one day.

1 Like

I don’t think Joe has ever recounted something without an exaggeration.

Ross Carr had to his equalising free kick in the 1991 Ulster semi-final from 60 metres, rather than the 47/48 metres it actually was.

When Derry played Down in the 1992 Ulster semi-final at Casement Park, there had to be 44,000 people there rather than the near full house of maybe 25-27k Casement Park actually held.

Every anecdote he ever tells is laced with exaggerations like these.

“I can’t remember what year it was” is a great Joe cliche.

OMg

Michael Clifford picked Joe apart in yesterday’s Examiner if anyone can put the article up.

It’s hard hitting. A few points very well made. It won’t suit the narrative in the 6 counties though.