The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

And what does that have to do with a show talking about a United Ireland?

Anyway, we all know the DUP are a pain in the arse. The reason why SF got pelters down here for partly delaying the Executive are obvious. The DUP are rarely arsed going on RTÉ and certainly weren’t in Paisley’s day unless it was for some light trolling. If the DUP start running for election down here then we can talk.

I wasn’t specifically referring to a narrow Paisley Sr era/reference point. DUP have been doing the media rounds in the Oirish Republic for many years now from Morning Ireland to Prime Time to anything in between. I often felt the interviewers tiptoed around them & left them off to spout their usual whataboutery & off topic diversionary shite unchallenged, while trying to pin the blame on SF for failing to work successfully with them. Of course, there could be an element of IFSC brigade unconscious bias in that.

As regards Brolly’s contribution that night to the United Ireland topic, I guess he was winding up a long one against that RTE backdrop to drive home that DUP are a crowd of headbangers who don’t care about anybody really. I defended what he was saying at the time but he was too longwinded alright.

Nah, they do interviews but rarely. Why would they bother with RTÉ?

Great pod with Philly and Ger Brennan out now

Ger is a great sort.

A dacent enough effort at making a show out of old war stories. I do hope he hasn’t finished with the rte tubs debacle- there’s a lot left to be said, scores to settle, beige fellas to be driven demented etc

1 Like

TBF to him, he’s the only one keeping the spotlight on the shitshow in RTÉ, everyone else seems to have moved on, which is what RTÉ and Tubs will want.

The beige fella certainly drives you demented anyway, absolutely obsessed :joy:

Back by popular demand, the musical part three, has a great ring to it :heart_eyes:

Which beige fella, there’s so many and it’s difficult to tell you apart?

2 Likes
1 Like

Mudderagawd Smally, no need to do a man like that

Joe is the best of us. That’s a classless tweet given his current involvement in such a high profile court case in Dublin.

1 Like

That’s up there with the Kerry fannies cribbawing about Clifford getting smoked

1 Like

Everyone wants respect and love. The limericks showed us that.

Joe has been Eoghan McLaughlined by John Small.

Given Dessie’s interviews after the All Ireland, I’d say Gilroy was well involved in the Dublin panel by the league final. You’d think if Gilroy was Joes bessier like the way he goes on, he’d have known and wouldn’t have laid the boot in like that. Poor joe.

1 Like

Smoked!!!

1 Like
1 Like

Very decent effort by joe today, a lovely cut off joe duffy before a ruthless evisceration of ffg

1 Like