The Joe Brolly owns your soul thread

Yeah - and we haven’t heard the end of it.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031817, member: 2272”]bit harsh - he has a media profile which he is encouraged to have to generate this sort of discussion

he gave his kidney to a stranger who needed a kidney ffs sake[/QUOTE]

He talks about Cody’s lack of class.

What about his tirade against Sean Cavanagh, where he referred to him as not a proper man and a disgrace, when he did what most people would do and drag down an opponent through on goals.

In subsequent writings he kept making reference to the number of hits that tirade had on YouTube.

He’s an attention seeking prick if ever there was one. Same when he was a player.

Doesn’t mean he is wrong in any way on this one. The Sean cavanagh words were perhaps badly chosen, but his point stood. He was absolutely correct about the cynicism beginning to ruin a potentially entertaining sport.

Brolly himself doesn’t bang on about it too much.

I don’t have a problem with his point on Cody. But it is hardly earth shattering news.

I thought he went away overboard after Tyrone Monaghan, and seemed to do so for effect, as his subsequent comments about the YouTube hits show.

Remember he also said something about Rachel Wyse as well. Harmless enough but certainly not with class. Again he was talking about it afterwards telling us what he ‘really meant’. Nobody cares.

He just loves the attention so I am not going to give him any more.

Farmer calls Joe Brolly a cunt and sees no problem with that but can’t fathom how Joe Brolly can say Cavanagh is a disgrace and get away with it.

And the Rachel Wyse reference, FFS. Are we to believe Farmer has never passed comment on the SSN presenters.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 1031837, member: 1”]Farmer calls Joe Brolly a cunt and sees no problem with that but can’t fathom how Joe Brolly can say Cavanagh is a disgrace and get away with it.

And the Rachel Wyse reference, FFS. Are we to believe Farmer has never passed comment on the SSN presenters.[/QUOTE]

Brolly is giving it loads in his article about Cody’s lack of class when he has shown anything but class in his carry on. That’s my point.

And you’re giving it loads on here about Brolly’s lack of class when you have shown anything but class in your carry on. That’s my point.

Plus the Rachel Wyse point is ridiculous.

Plus he doesn’t make a big deal out of the organ thing - but people find it very interesting so it garners plenty of media attention.

I have yet to meet a man from Dungiven that was wan’t an alright sort:pint:

Admittedly I have only met about 4 people from Dungiven so the sample might be a bit small

Not only donating a kidney, which in itself is some gesture, but Brolly’s campaigning, fundraising and advocacy for organ donation and his ongoing work to change the law relating to it is hugely commendable. Of course he’s going to “go on about” and raise awareness of an important issue he clearly feels passionately about.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1031823, member: 24”]He talks about Cody’s lack of class.

What about his tirade against Sean Cavanagh, where he referred to him as not a proper man and a disgrace, when he did what most people would do and drag down an opponent through on goals.

In subsequent writings he kept making reference to the number of hits that tirade had on YouTube.

He’s an attention seeking prick if ever there was one. Same when he was a player.[/QUOTE]
I told a Nordie lad this year he wasn’t a proper man, he went out and kicked 5 points in the second half the mad cunt. Performance never dipped for rest of the season.
No harm question a lads manliness every now and then

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1031859, member: 273”]I told a Nordie lad this year he wasn’t a proper man, he went out and kicked 5 points in the second half the mad cunt. Performance never dipped for rest of the season.
No harm question a lads manliness every now and then[/QUOTE]
You’re the best

The point wasn’t related to me, more that some lads need strange motivational techniques. It was no well thought out psychoanalysis, it was pure frustration on my part as he was hiding and we were going down without a fight.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1031859, member: 273”]I told a Nordie lad this year he wasn’t a proper man, he went out and kicked 5 points in the second half the mad cunt. Performance never dipped for rest of the season.

He would have done that anyway, now he just thinks you’re a cunt.

cody is correct. clare were raped by referees also during the year. and the referee tried to hand wexford the u21 below in thurles big cheese you know this as well as i.

cody :clap:

[QUOTE=“Joe Player, post: 1031883, member: 2692”]cody is correct. clare were raped by referees also during the year. and the referee tried to hand wexford the u21 below in thurles big cheese you know this as well as i.

cody :clap:[/QUOTE]

You’re out of line here Joseph

Come back soon and I have no doubt you can become a life coach with regular slots on Ireland AM and Marian Finucane’s South Dublin Coffee Morning.

1. He didn’t do it all year with a softer approach
  2. I don’t care, I don’t expect everyone to like me and sometimes you have to rattle a few cages to get a response.

If you get into coaching to either get thanks or be friends with everyone you are in the wrong game.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1031892, member: 273”]
If you get into coaching to either get thanks or be friends with everyone you are in the wrong game.[/QUOTE]

Or massage your own ego.

stop teasing us with tit bits and sit down and right the fookin book kev!!..I want to learn the tricks of the trade for getting inside the players’ heads and getting them to go the extra yard…would be a great stockin filler for chrimbo pal…