The Kafkaesque Trial of Judge Brett Kavanaugh - labane hot on the trail

This isn’t actually true. Have a read of Robert Caro’s LBJ biographies. LBJ was the “Master of the Senate” as he somehow managed to get so many votes through. There were different dynamics back then but no Civil Rights Bill got through Congress for 80 years before LBJ got the Civil Rights Act through.

The difference was that you had more people crossing the floor. You had New Deal Coalition, Rockefeller Republicans, you had the Dixiecrats etc. The vitriolic tone whipped up by the likes of Fox and then by right and left on social media gives you an immediacy to it all but these issues and arguments go way way back.

Game over for Kavanaugh. As usual, I’ve called this one correctly.

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

And there’s a third accuser too.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Now that Blasey Ford’s story has collapsed and not one of the “witnesses” she named would support her, including her lifelong friend, it was only a matter of time before a replacement would step forward. There was zero chance she was ever going to testify.

Kavanaugh should definitely step aside now and Trump should nominate Amy Barrett.

Do you believe her as well?

“I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I got married”

Ah here :rollseyes:

1 Like

And still you dig.

“A replacement”.

Try and at least goone post withiut coming across as a misogynist creep.

It’s gas the way you’re trying to downplay and belittle both allegations yet still say he should step aside. Confusion and hypocrisy doesn’t begin to explain it.

Sure maybe Kavanaugh has a calendar from 1983 that show him not sticking his penis in a woman’s face - which would surely be a stone cold alibi. And sure Republican women might try and defend him by asking “what man has never stuck their penis in a woman’s face without consent?”, in the same way they rhetorically asked what man hasn’t tried to rape a woman, like they did in response to Blasey Ford’s allegation.

The Rapeublicans were well aware of this second allegation and tried to push the vote through before the new allegation went public.

They deserve to be absolutely destroyed in November. A party of utter deplorables.

Step away from the keyboard.

You’ve already made it quite clear you can’t understand why so many women don’t report sex crimes against them.

There’s no need to humiliate yourself even more than you’ve already done.

Ah here what?

Did you read the article? There’s extensive corroboration of her account from other sources.

Kavanaugh is toast and rightly so.

You’re invested here. Carry on as you do.

You’ve made it quite clear you’re invested in defending a sexual predator. But sure I wouldn’t expect anything else from you.

Tip: that niche has already been filled by @anon7035031.

Clearly, one comment on this thread proves that conclusively. Enjoy staying up all night fulminating about this vote in a country you don’t live in or have ever visited.

Can you explain why you made the comment?

Ok mate you win. The Democrats have clearly accomplished a serious victory here. But at a serious cost, due process and presumption of innocence are now obsolete. The new normal is anyone can be accused of sexual assault and convicted in the public arena with no evidence to back up the accusation.

I wonder what the Democrats will dig up on Amy Barrett. Claims she sexually assaulted men in high school?

Hey, don’t speak too soon. Trump says he’s digging in. Should have guessed. The Republicans’ war on women never sleeps.

You’ve already said Kavanaugh should step aside. It’s a bit late to be backtracking now.

Presumption of innocence is a legal term.

I didn’t see much presumption of innocence from you for Hillary Clinton, or Bill Clinton for that matter.

We’re not dealing with a burden of criminal proof here. We’re dealing with whether these allegations of sexual assault are credible or not and whether they should disqualify Kavanaugh from an office which demands higher requirements of a person’s character than any other. They plainly and obviously do and that has been the case since last week. Kavanugh’s unfitness for the job was obvious from well before that when he perjured himself. The Republicans disgraced themselves during his hearing when they released only a fraction of the background documents that should have been required.

The latest allegations are reported by Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer, who broke the Harvey Weinstein and Eric Schneidermann stories. They couldn’t be more credible.

The credibility of both allegations is confirmed by the Republican party’s despicable behaviour over the last week in trying to rush the nomination through - the threats, the artificial time limits, the disgusting rhetoric about why women don’t report sex crimes against them that has set public discourse on the subject back years, and parroted shamelesly by none other than yourself.

Zzzzz. More sarcastic defence of the indefensible.

Go to bed mate, you’ve completely lost the plot. Kavanaugh should withdraw for the sake of his family as clearly the Democrats will unearth an endless supply of willing accusers who have no evidence. Using sex as a weapon is the new Democratic strategy. Maybe they should stop defending Keith Ellison and turf him out of the DNC.

As an aside I did give Bill the benefit of the doubt, having voted for him twice for US president.

“I promised God I wouldn’t touch a penis until I got married”.

There are actually playing the RC card against him, this is fascinating to watch.

Nfl is on and your talking about willies, are. You OK man? Serious questions need to be asked of our Galway roasters.

Don’t worry mate I’m watching, I hate those Boston bastards and all that follow them. I even hate chocos dog.

“Deflect, deflect, deflect!”

Have you ever tried to rape a woman?

Serious question.

Rapeublicans ask “what boy hasn’t done this in high school?” and see no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flIM3AUyQ3A

So, does every 17 year old young lad try to rape a woman, as Rapeublicans say? Have you?

As you say yourself, stop projecting. There’s only one poster on this site that has admitted to being a sexual predator and we all know who that is.

Sexual predators tend to re-offend. Have you turned yourself into the guards yet?