The Kick 'em while they're Down Thead

My Granda (RIP) used to always say that the summer doesn’t start until Cork get hammered by Kerry.

In his last few years (Late 80’s early 90’s) he started to wear his sun hat all year round. It had the appearance of being white at one time but by 1990 it was a yellowing tuft-like cushion that rested on his head with its “Player’s No. 6” logo sagging over his ear.

I think had he seen yesterday he might have even tossed it up and exchanged it for a sombrero.

Anyway back to today; Of all my memories of Kerry v Cork; most of them bad btw. One thing remains as firm in my brain as the thumping head on me this morning:
Kerry can’t play from behind.

And they’re still durty scumbags. They’re still worse than the crusty gob on me this am. Haha

TTFN

Love and best wishes to all my fans in the Animal Kingdom. See ye in Listowel .

No way were Kerry’s sendings off warranted yesterday…

Didn’t think Murphy’s was either…

Referee was really shite…

Thought Murphys was a bad challenge considering he was on a yellow. Darragh was the same.

Marc’s was a questionable one for me. MOS didnt play the ball, yet had he played it yer man woulda cut him in two. he had a split decision to make and didnt not attempt to harm the Cork player. Not a red imo, but understandable why he was given a red.

Not a red though.

I don’t agree with a view of a sending off by saying ‘it was a bad challenge considering he was on a yellow’…

That should make no difference. The simple question was it a yellow card offence? I look back at Murphy’s and Dara’s dismissals and think that there was no way any of the four individual challenges merited a yellow card…

As for Mark’s - well that was just plain crazy. He caught him awkwardly with a shoulder whilst O’Brien was falling to the ground. Wasn’t even a free never mind a sending off…

Ah yeah thats right

Piss on my day…

Ye don’t know what yere talking about.

There is no such thing as a bad sending off where the durty filthy animals are concerned. NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE.

FACT.

Now fuck off back to talking about League of Ireland and pissing in yer beds.

So Maire - does this justify the players strike?

What Strike?

Did I miss something

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]What Strike?

Did I miss something[/quote]

Tommy Walshes strike on Gizzy Lyng…

Ask Teddy Holland - he’ll tell you!

[quote=“Mac”]Tommy Walshes strike on Gizzy Lyng…

[/quote]

That was dirty alright…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I don’t agree with a view of a sending off by saying ‘it was a bad challenge considering he was on a yellow’…

That should make no difference. The simple question was it a yellow card offence? I look back at Murphy’s and Dara’s dismissals and think that there was no way any of the four individual challenges merited a yellow card…

As for Mark’s - well that was just plain crazy. He caught him awkwardly with a shoulder whilst O’Brien was falling to the ground. Wasn’t even a free never mind a sending off…[/quote]

Ah it was a free, Marc didnt try to play the ball, he blocked the Cork fellas run, it was a foul.

As for the the whole thing of bad challenge considering he was ona yellow, Darragh was on a yellow and a tick and he pushed a player in the back (and not for the first time). The second yellow was for persistent fouling, I doubt Darragh had any complaints.

Murphys was a wreckless high challenge, definite yellow imo.

Maire, you should know, its never a good idea to kick a dangerous animal.

Never a truer word

[quote=“myboyblue”]

Maire, you should know, its never a good idea to kick a dangerous animal.[/quote]

But baby: I take every chance I get with this particular breed.
Tis rare enough.

I’m having a great summer, what about the rest of ye?

Eh not so much, no…

So were you in Coppers with Jugs & Co pretending to be Oisin McConville?

Nope, Bandage and co put paid to my SUmmer earlier in the year…