The last Eight of Champions League

what way are the semi finals? is that a separate draw or 1 v 2, 3 v 4?

Champions League semi-final draw:
1 Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
2 Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

I canā€™t believe I only predicted 1 out of 4. Awful.

Iā€™ll go for:
Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona and Chelsea to proceed.

Then Liverpool to beat Chelsea again.

Liverpool to beat Barca in the final.

And statues of Hicks and Gillette to be built outside Anfield.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]I canā€™t believe I only predicted 1 out of 4. Awful.

Iā€™ll go for:
Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona and Chelsea to proceed.

Then Liverpool to beat Chelsea again.

Liverpool to beat Barca in the final.

And statues of Hicks and Gillette to be built outside Anfield.[/quote]

If that happens Bandage and Liverpool win, Iā€™m finished with soccer.

I think Barca will be absolutely delighted with that draw. I expect they would have wanted to avoid both Liverpool and Chelsea as their grinding styles have upset Barca in recent years. They should dispose of Schalke and then Iā€™d say theyā€™d rather an attack minded game against Manchester United or Roma than having to contemplate Chelsea boring them out of the competition or Benitez setting his stall out to stop them from playing.

There could be some symmetry in the draw:

LIVERPOOL Milan '05, Arsenal BARCELONA '06, MILAN Liverpool '07, ARSENAL Barcelona '08??

Winners in CAPS.

Yeah good draw for Barca alright - theyā€™ll fancy their chances in any open game against a proper footballing side.

Hard to get excited about the CL at the moment though. Losing to Barca twice and drawing with Aberdeen and Dundee United has me properly pissed off. Canā€™t see us competing at that level in the near future and thatā€™s fecking disheartening.

Anyway hope Barca win it.

good draw for manu,chelsea & barcelona.
think arsenal will overcome liverpool.
manu-chelsea final methinks

Great draw for the european cup. Utd really have to worry about the revenge Arsenal v Liverpool should be a good tie. Luke Skywalker v Darth Vader. Fookers v filth. I think Barca have as nice a passage as they would like but i think theyā€™ll struggle without Messi and might not hit the end of season run in good form. Iā€™d take Chelsea to get to the final, as long as the dreaded scum donā€™t pull their voodoo shit. I hate them with a passion.

Arsenal at 6/1 will win the Champions League. Well thats what I think anyway.

Great draw for United. Roma would have been my choice after Schalke/Fenerbache. Already beat them this season at home and drew away so more of the same will do nicely. I dont look beyond Roma unlike others.

My @rse Shan. How is that a great draw for United? They wonā€™t make it past Roma so itā€™s good youā€™re not looking too far.

I fancy the winner of Liverpool v Arsenal to go on and win it. Arsenal were splendid in Milan and Liverpool are very hard to beat in Europe over two legs plus theyā€™re recapturing a bit of form.

They will make it past Roma Clarkey. United are unbeaten in Europe and have already disposed of Roma in the group stage. You cant say Roma would be the team United would be afraid of. Id say Arsenal will make it past Liverpool. I could see Arsenal scoring at Anfield whereas I couldnt see Liverpool getting a goal at Ashburton Grove.