The League of Ireland thread

How was it

I enjoyed the occasion but wasnā€™t the best match. Good first half and two good goals, second half was dull enough. Tanned centre half and no 6 midfield were decent for shels but toothless enough going forward. Great crowd, good atmosphere, comical facilities. I had to walk half way round the pitch to find a jacks at half time and ended up pissing against a fence in an old waste ground corner with a load of other lads. Real football, real people. Iā€™ll be back.

2 Likes

Yeah, 2nd half fell off a cliff in terns of entertainment

Tolka is a dump alright

JC maintained that dump with the basics every second week when Rovers were renting it, I hope they can finally get their act together and bring it up to some sort of standards now that they are staying for the foreseeable

1 Like

The new owner is on the ball with a bit of money, he has big plans

1 Like

Dermot Keeley interviewed by Des Cahill about his autobiography there on Radio 1. Interesting character. I remember him being absolutely filthy and he more or less admits as much.

3 Likes

I remember a radio commentary by Philip Greene where some little scut punched Keeley and was sent off ā€œprobably for his own protectionā€ according to Greene.

5 Likes

Will there be as many lies in it as The Rodfather?

2 Likes

Is Keeley not running a bar in Lanzarote now?

Edit - looks like it closed in 2022

Iā€™d guess that bar didnā€™t need bouncers.

1 Like

1-0 to Wexford in the cup semi final. Aaron Dobbs with a poachers finish.

Drogs won it 3-2.

PG :clap::clap::clap:unique commentary and voice

( Drumcondra or home farm supporter from memory?)

Working manā€™s Fred Cogley

The state funding sporting academies, itā€™s an ingenious loophole that Desmond has managed to exploit here.