The Let Kev at your Back thread

He wouldnā€™t be the sharpest tool in the box. Hamming up the auld roaster routine would the limit of his capabilities on the Internet

Go into a pool and start stretching works well for me.

Is it coming from one point or generalised?

You know Brimmer you might be onto something here. I am going to ask for a standing desk for a start.

And then there are 4 heifers and a good few cows due for calving in Jan 2017 so a few weeks off would be invaluable here.

1 Like

Tim Ferriss says that strengthening your gluteus medius can solve many of your lower-body problems

Thats the thingā€¦ I can squat 1.2 my body weight these days so Iā€™d imagine that area would be fairly strong at this stage.

I have cut out DLs and Kettle bells swings for now as they seem to make the issue worse.

Absolute load of nonsense. Plastering over a a deep wound. You need a diagnosis, some theraputic intervention and to get off your hole.

7/10 low back sufferers that come to me sort it purely with exercise.

2 Likes

Would it be a hernia ?

Tim ferris is a dangerous gobshite

Fella iā€™m solving back issues on a weekly basis.

Stop lifting heavy and stabilize yourself.

I think you are the one needing a re-brand.

1 Like

People are mad. I wouldnā€™t let a quack like you near the dog never mind my own back.

4 Likes

So my form is off you reckon kev?

Could well beā€¦ I rarely lift heavy though. Would be mainly goblet squats with 25kg dumbell and form would be good for that. In my own mind that would be the type of movement I should use to stabilise?

No, form could be perfect. But what muscles are doing the work and whats suplorting what is critical tok.

Bird dogs, crabs, deadbugs, bear crawls, back holds, lumbar rolls, nordics, reverse nordics, controlled ab work, thoracic mobility (on swiss ball) etc etc

Your oelvis is probably tolted from sitting alot. That needs realigning. Ideally now with exercise before down the road it needs something else.

The issue is not likely to be the weight lifting. The issue is likely to be lifestyle but the weight lifting can expose a weakness.

If you have poor stability but squatting 1.2 i would be nearly certain you are doing damage.

1 Like

Would that not wrinkle the fuck out of your pretty dress?

No, its frock friendly.

2 Likes

Kevā€™s telling you that the next time a calf is stuck at the hips, leave him there to fuck and spare your back.

2 Likes

Yeah, youā€™ve nailed it.
So the bird dogs etc will help that?

:smile:

Who the fuck has time for all that. Give me a quick fix there.