The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

In the race for the last “real” seat (as opposed to the Brexit conditional one given to the fourth placed candidate)

Barry Andrews’ lead over Clare Daly after Count 1 was 9,115

After Count 9 that has now declined to 6,881

In a mega constituency such as Dublin that is bridgeable

The transfers of the following are still to be distributed: Gemtrails, Higgins, Brien (PBP), Durkan, White and Gannon, plus any surplus from Cuffe and Fitzgerald

If this count was being run as a proper three seater, Daly would walk in as she’d get Boylan’s transfers, but Boylan’s transfers will not be in play

As it is, it looks close for that third seat

Not at all surprising. That type of rural person would vote for Casey if they thought the Greens were against him. Saoirse probably added to his vote

How much would a councillor make? I know the headline 17.5k but assume youd be on a few sub committees and have expenses and the like. Would you rattle 50k out of it?

Worth putting in the correct thread.

The post below it seems to be far more humourous

Depends where you are I suppose - our local fella was averaging about 35k over the last five years

1 Like

Maria baileys dad gets 47k out of DLRCC

1 Like

Hon Ming! The only one I voted for.

1 Like

Maria Walsh was on with Mary Wilson earlier and referred to the ‘city centre’ of Portumna

10 minutes away from Cuffe getting home.

1 Like

SF gonna lose Liadh Ni Riadh on top of Lynn Boylan it’s looking like

1 Like

Mick must be track so?

Ni Riadh is all that is wrong with SF at the minute.

1 Like

SF is all that’s wrong with Liadh in truth, a shambles of a party

2 Likes

Apart from the Greens they are all shambolic

1 Like

Looking nailed on for third seat. Sean rule 42 Kelly was only 1400 shy of quota

1 Like

Cuffe home and dry.

2 Likes

Will be fascinating to see where Alex White’s votes go, I’ve no doubt he will push Frances over the line, but he could push Daly above Andrews.

1 Like

Fascinating?

Yes.